Guiding Light discussion thread

• Members

Yeah, Annie was as dull as dishwater. Honestly, if they wrote Annie off before she immersed herself into a beautiful swan, I would've been like, "Bye, bitch!" Yes, I was a personal witness and saw her transform into the beautiful woman she was destined to be.

Good times. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If I ever find my scans (if someone else doesn't post it first) I'll share it. She basically just describes it as a low period for her because she was sitting in makeup and they were telling her how they needed her to look old. She was like fine, whatever, as they put grey streaks into her hair.

• Members

Yeah, I remember ghost Reva before her Rebecca excuse. She was at Cross Creek where only Josh could see her alongside with his gorgeous wife-to-be Annie. And while my sweet little Annie Dutton was standing on a throw rug, Reva (the ghost bitch) intentionally yanked the rug from right under her which caused my poor Annie to fall.

Edited by Noel

• Members

In NYC, Santa Barbara moved from the 3 pm time slot years before the cancellation, so it was not against Guiding Light. I was someone who watch GH and SB before dipping my toes in with Guiding Light, and only gave it a chance after SB no longer was on after school and GH the show I watched when I was younger and at the neighbors was truly annoying. Yes I grew up in a house without cable…

the first time we saw Cynthia Watros in Gl, she was a quick hook up of Matt Reardon, but nothing really happened, and was supposed to be an unrelated waitress character. Then she was recurring as Nurse Annie, JFP was forced to bring Zimmer back for a short stint hence the ghost, but then JFP was gone to AW the P&G producer switch and Laibson with McTavish as head wronger (intentionally misspelled) were hired.  Then Annie and Josh became extremely saccharine with LOWHAD land of wishes hopes and dreams carousel set, while Reva was Amish with a family that wasn’t the Yoders. The audience didn’t seem split pro Reva/Josh reuniting and Annie/Josh together as there was another faction of people who just did not like either pairing as they took up a lot of screen time and neither part of the story was all that interesting during the fall of 95. 

Edited by ~bl~