Guiding Light discussion thread

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think the person said that it's harder to do the major characters because there's so many decades of material. Probably much easier to do a character who was on the show for a couple of years and specifically years where there is a lot of video online.  It must take so much patience but it's a great idea and always well executed. 

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

I wholeheartedly agree!  I often don't have the patience to watch entire old episodes online, but this series is so entertaining because they distill the history into bite-sized pieces.  The music and the editing make these addict-ably watchable.  I also adore their annual reviews and longer character pieces.  I am especially bemused by the titles that they gave to certain characters in the older profiles on the channel, such as Tangie Hill - The Brief Citizen.  

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Another GL reunion is scheduled!!!

This time it's....

From SOD 

Alan Locher will reunite GUIDING LIGHT supercouple Beth and Lujack when Vincent Irizarry and Judi Evans (Bonnie, DAYS) reunite for a virtual interview on The Locher Room. The live event will take place on Wednesday October 21 at 3 p.m ET

https://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/new-guiding-light-reunion-scheduled-1694608/

• Members

It would enhance the discussion so much if Alan knew how to project clips. 

By the way, I saw the reunion with Krista and Mark, which was an entertaining watch. If Krista wanted to return to acting, I think she would find opportunities to work. Funny that her youthful looks were once used to disparage her ability to take on certain roles but now her youthful look can definitely be seen as an asset.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I started watching the Rick Hearst/Amelia Marshall/Maureen Garrett episode of The Locher Room, and Alan is just so bad at this. Stepping all over people’s stories, not allowing the conversation to flow naturally. He’s not really taking in the feedback. No, Alan, you don’t have to interrupt Rick’s funny story about Sherry Stringfield to mention that Sherry was right out of college when she booked GL.