ATWT: Open Casting Call

• Members

Got the new TV Guide, and to sum up(IMOW):

After accidentally shooting Brad, he'll go on a soul-searching road trip.

After Brad's burial, Jack hits the road for Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Greenville, South Carolina.

ATWT will actually be shooting on location in all 3 places

Jack will be in an emotional tailspin and looking for redemption.

He's hoping to help Brad's widow Katie. While on the road, Jack is gonna seek out two of her former husbands: Mike & Simon

Also on his trip, he'll meet up with Ben and Molly. Simon and Molly eventually will return to Oakdale.

Carly will also join Jack on his journey.

Goutman says this is a romance story as well, and that he's listening to the fans clamoring for Jack and Carly to get back together.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jeez, I can't believe how many reflexively cynical, negative assumptions there were in this thread!

Already one of the assumptions about it being purely a solo trip is known to be wrong now, and I have little doubt other assumptions, such as about how the locally cast people (who will not have major roles anyway most likely) will suck or whatever, and about it all looking cheap, will also end up largely wrong.

I support the likely thinking behind these "open casting calls" at the different locations -- get local news coverage, get local interest, get more people watching the show to help the ratings.

• Members

You know what, I'm going to hope for the best here, but I can't blame people for thinking this is going to suck. It sounds completely hokey, corny and self indulgent. Who is Jack to find Kate a replacement for Brad? That has to be the dumbest thing I've heard in ages. OK, I have to stop thinking about it because I've promised myself that I will watch ATWT in real time during sweeps and I am quickly talking myself out of it.

Archived