Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 21

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill in a business story? Never gonna happen again. If Traci did have scenes about Billy and Jill, she would just nod understandingly as Billy whines that he has the meanest mommy in all the land.

I'd rather see Traci stay away than see her killed off so we would have another reason to pity Billy and Ashley, who are so disconnected from their family that the show has to make them the center of attention when yet another Abbott dies.

Ashley's "look at me! I'm leaving, I really am! I wrote a note and everything!" stuff makes me cringe. It's always all about her. Between that and Abby's mememe in the episode, I wish they'd drowned with Brad and Colleen.

• Members

You don't feel sorry for their heads hurting when they try to form thoughts?

Has there ever been a more pathetic, useless, poorly acted soap family? And these people are supposed to be the show's main draws.

The Newmans have been destroyed. I would say beyond repair. I wish they could all hit the road, except for Nikki.

• Members

ICAM Cat. Doug is knocking it out of the park these days. He and Beth Maitland were the only reasons to watch yesterday's show.

So now let's see. I'm tryin to stay up-to-date on the characters that MAB has "destroyed". Patty, Adam, Ashley, Jack, Billy, Victoria, Sharon and now the ENTIRE NEWMAN clan?!?? Wow. <_<

• Members

It's quite a feat, but she's managed it. She also hasn't done any favors for Mackenzie, or Jill, and Deacon is now unrecognizable. Not to mention the Phillip return fiasco.

What amazes me about the Newmans is just how hollow they are. They are supposed to be the show's future, and yet three of them have no acting ability and the characters have no direction, and the fourth, Adam, is a monster played by an actor who has no real spark with anyone. Victor is a joke these days and Eric Braeden looks bored. The only one left to salvage is Nikki, and she's the one the show seems to see as being the most irrelevant.

• Members

I miss CE too. I think he was the only thing holding the role together. I laugh when I see Branco still trashing CE in his columns, because I think deep down even he knows this recast hasn't been what it was supposed to be. Muhney may be a good actor, I have no idea, but he's just so frosty and he feels extremely disconnected from everyone. He's like a movie baddie dropped into the Newman ranch. I keep waiting for him to leave for Die Hard 5.

• Members

I couldn't agree more. I think yesterday was a perfect example of that. I cna't put my finger on why his performances fall flat for me. I ususally like to dissect such things. Maybe it's his facial expressions? His pattern of speech? I know him looking at least 5 years older than Morrow and Heinle is a big problem.

Archived