Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 21

• Members

Sadly, she'll be off soon, and then who will feel the impact of this meaningless death? Beth Maitland is always a joy to watch, but killing off Traci's only child in such a crappy way is not only cruel, but further eliminates some of her purpose on the show. But then again, not like they're interested in writing for characters like Traci in the longterm.

I think the hacks at this show underestimated Colleen's importance and expected everyone to be completely cool with her meaningless and cruel death.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

and I created the "Colleen" thing on this board! :mad::lol::P

Yes, and Muhney is getting increasingly cartoony in his acting.

Usually, I'd say watch for yourself.

But the show is too bad to explain in words. This is truly rock bottom, the reaction seems to be similar on most boards I visit. Also, as you can tell, the majority posting in this thread seem to not enjoy this crapfest very much these days.

• Members

Muhney has always been cartoony. I tried to warm up to his Adam but never did. Any sympathy I had for Adam went out the door when CE left. I know you hated his acting Y&RWorldTurner but I liked him in the role. Muhney is just awful and looks to old in the role.

She'll be back when Ashley is almost killed too.laugh.gif

• Members

I should detest the current regime more than anyone - they fired TWO of my favorite actresses this year. But for the life of me, I still can't feel the hate (except for Hogan). I still think this show is great for the most part and I still believe the current team is capable of good things (as was evidenced from July 2008 to around June 2009. Make fun if you will, but I have faith that things will get better very soon. I've seen some spoilers that seem to be headed in the right direction.

Contrary to what appears to be popular belief, I don't think they will phase out Traci. Think about it - most of her recent returns (since 2006) have had NOTHING to do with Colleen.

• Members

What gives me hope is that we've seen more of Traci under MAB than we have under other recent writers. I wish they would just bring her back full time. It's a sad day when a character that hasn't lived in GC for nearly 20 years is the one that I felt the most for today.

• Members

That's the thing, she only returns when some dies or is in deep trouble. Her role in her returns have usually been nothing. The character deserves better and could stand to visit when someone hasn't died or when a relative isn't in trouble.

We're likely to see even less of her now, unless Jack or Ashley die, which I don't see happening.

• Members

LOL!

I probably shouldn't be giving these hack writers any bad ideas, they're likely to go for them.

But then again, this is what Maria Arena Bell allows on her show, it speaks very little about her "talent" or management skills if she's indeed letting Sheffer run amok with things.

The ideal situation would be to have Maria, Hogan, Scott Hamner, and Rauch all fired and replaced by a single, strong, and competent Head Writer and a seperate singular EP. However, as I said before, if we have to keep Maria, it's time for her to hire a better and only ONE Co-Head Writer, fire Sheffer, Hamner, and Rauch, and trim her writing staff down and perhaps get some better staff writers, though not a huge writing team.

• Members

I know Traci was trying to keep hope alive, but I found her too cheerful for the most part. But I guess this is consistent with her character.

I'm loving Ashley in this mode!

Nick and Victoria are such spineless bores in the presence of TGVN. Again they flip flop on their anger?

But I felt Patty's despair in prison--and especially Paul's. Kudos to Doug Davidson for rediscovering slightly more understated emotion. With a bit of practice, he's climbing back to the top of his game.

It takes me out of the story that Jack was not more wet. And how long Colleen was allowed to lie on the beach without air.

Chance increasingly irritates me. Why did this newbie deliver sad news to Traci? Why did he negotiate for Patty's safe release? I wish he weren't the new "cop". I wish we got to know him better.

I liked that Jack and Victor actually tried to help one another out a bit, when Patty had the gun. I like that Victor wanted Colleen looked after before himself.

• Members

This character has become a waste without a real personality (but so are most characters with this writing regime). I now wish Phillip IV stayed in Iraq. I refuse to call him something as stupid and grating as Chance. Whoever came up with that should be shot. I also don't see any real chemistry between him and Chloe, they look like shopping buddies.

• Members

For once, I'm hoping that you're right but I fear differently! MAB has proven that she loves to bring characters back from the past though only for SHORT-TERM. I wish they'd bring Beth back as a more permanent character; she is divine.

Archived