Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 21

• Members

Today was VERY powerful. As much as I don't like this SL... it had me crying like a baby. Now, considering the progression of Colleen, and her lack of airtime the past few years... my crying was NOT for Colleen, but for the other characters who loved her. Beth's scene where she is frantically holding onto hope looking up stories of people who have recovered from brain death is one of the most heartbreaking scenes that I can REMEMBER. Beth needs to REALLY be nominated for an emmy for this. And OMG... Hayley Erin CARRIED HER WEIGHT today! I've been harsh with the girl, but this week, I've seen glimmers of hope if she can mature a little and FOCUS on what she's doing. And I think the cliffhanger showing Nikki was brilliantly done. Viewers who are completely spoiler free would be really jolted by this... my mother was having a COW. Heinle was the only real low point today. Has someone dumped sominex in her cheerios every morning or what? WTF is her ISSUE?!! I want to give honorable mention to Greg Wrangler and his work with his nostrils... understated, yet very effective. The man cry on cue, too! He's been an important part of this SL, I'm so glad they were able to get him. For once, I thought Billy's anger was justified.... we just need to see him break down TOMORROW.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sorry but what ruined it for me was when they said she was brain dead...

...because Colleen's been braindead for like 2 years :P

The question is, between TS and Zapato, who did a better job when told to "play dead"?

Billy's getting angry. I'm so sorry to hear that this is such an inconvenience to him. Colleen better sit the hell up so she doesnt cause such distress to her uncle. His anger almost makes Traci and Steve's grief completely irrelevant :rolleyes:

Then Nick says "If it was Victoria, I'd have done the same thing..."

Wow... if Victoria even showed a quarter of the motivation Patty has... it might make Amelia Heinle actually act.

Regardless of the shoddy writing, I think if it was Fonseca or Leon in that bed the actors around her would have knocked it out even more.

OMG LMFAO Kay tomorrow... getting a manicure from Jill. Snap!

• Members

I think you're right. It appears CE was the only thing holding the role together. MM is not suited at all for this part. However, I will say that the writers (!) have obviously dropped the ball by having Adam just prowl around the ranch hallways listening in on people and jackin it in the bathroom. Why they haven't had more character interactions is strange. Ashley said just the other day that his ankle bracelet is off, so why is he still just Mr. Lurker? Makes no sense.

• Members

Billy didn't care about Colleen when she was alive, so him caring now feels very forced. He just wants to be the martyr and wants to make it all about him, as always. Nothing about this character seems genuine to me, and Billy Miller is not at home with emotional material.

I didn't have an opinion of Steve back in the day, other than that his butt looked good in tight jeans, but I think Greg Wrangler has done really well in his return. And Beth has been the only real salvation of this story. I will miss her when she's gone.

• Members

Michael Muhney is just ...AWFUL.

The Victor/Adam scenes left me rolling my eyes. Two dumbed down characters this writing regime has ruined with their "storytelling." :rolleyes:

Ugh, hopefully the next writing regime (I have hope) sends this character away and then recast it later down the road.

He's flat and cartony, a very weird combination.

God that was all bad, this show is such trash.

It's very hard to care about the Billy character, and poor Traci and Steve, this is really their swan song. You know its bad when the mother of the dead victim seems partly irrelevant when her child is dead. I adore Beth Maitland and Traci, but killing off the character's only child is cruel and meaningless. Also, I want more of the focus to be on Traci, but it's not really on her.

As much as I love her though, I'm glad Traci is only here for short stints. I'd hate for her to be completely ruined by these writers, like so many others have been in a short period of time.

• Members

You're right, the focus really isn't on her. Even the trite "Don't you die because it will make me angry!" stuff went to Billy, who never gave a care about Colleen.

I guess we are better off with Traci being alive and leaving town. You know if she stayed she'd be dead within a year.

• Members

What's even worse, those writing this dreck think it's so good and that they aren't making any mistakes in regard to the show.

It's shameful.

Y&R used to be filled with fiery emotion, and characters I cared about. Now? The show is hollow and emotion-less, and they're doing a good job of making me not care about anyone. The actors can only do so much when they're given crap to act out.

• Members

I have to echo your post well, minus the crying part. I've not been moved to tears by this show in a very long time. Overall though, I did like today's episode and I give the props to Beth. I even liked the scene with JT and Mac. I can understand Billy's anger too although it did appear to be too OTT because it downplayed what Traci and Steve were feeling.

Is that a challenge? LOL! OF COURSE ZAPATO!! Even when Adrianne's Colleen was laying in the hospital bed, she did a better job than TS just did laying there. Just Sayin! :lol:

How about cerebral death? More than likely though, they would have said, "There is no activity in the brain".

Archived