Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 21

• Members

Billy SHOULD be the future of the show, he is...

however, there can be a future without making EVERYTHING revolve around that person. There was no reason her death should have been more about anyone than Traci, and Billy should have been there for her to hold her up, give her a sholder, and support her.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What an effin joke not continuing with any momentum but instead going to happy families and scabies who should be concerned about the dire state of their friend/extended family members but barely give them a second thought. Maybe if they started having worthwhile things on certain days of the week, they wouldn't have such massive tune ins and tune outs on the filler days. I'm more positive than ever that CBS has offered the Bells millions of dollars to get this show cancelled asap and the longer it takes the lower their fee will be.

• Members

I can actually see Bergman carrying the family in 20 years more than Billy Miller. I don't believe Miller can play family scenes (nearly every family scene he's had has fallen flat since his arrival -- he has no real ability to connect with other actors), and Billy is too shallow a character to ever rest a family on. Look at how out of place and how pathetic his me me me mourning over Colleen was.

If Jeanne Cooper can carry the Chancellors for this many decades, then I don't see why Bergman couldn't do the same for the Abbotts.

• Members

I think the problem with Billy is the writing more than anything else. I don't believe the role has ever been recast all that successfully but the writing for him has been so weak for so long, it usually just ends up going back to whining about being a screwup, whining about Jill or longing for Mac, or I guess now, longing for Chloe. The hype over Miller seemed to be more about his work on AMC in a very flashy psycho part than about what he could bring to the role of Billy Abbott.

Even if Miller does stay around, I don't think anything about the writing or acting in the role now makes him viable.

• Members

I shouldn't say the but rather a reason. If they center the Abbotts around him, then he leaves that leaves tptb not knowing what to do (I'm sure there would be lots of options for them, but they wouldn't even try). The more extreme case was when Ellen Wheeler decided to center the show around Jonathan.

CarlD2, have you ever liked Billy Miller as Billy Abbott?

• Members

Heh, it sure feels that way.

The people running this show seem to have so much contempt for the both the fans and the characters of this show. No way in hell do I think they respect core of this show or what Y&R is all about. They want to make it into some generic primetime knockoff in a daytime format, but they don't have the talent, budget, or overall imagination.

How did the show get to this point? The kidnapping and silver chipmunk mess started the downward spiral of this writing regime, but how did everything get so damn unwatchable and damaging on this show so fast?

• Members

I don't think it matters if they center the Abbotts around him and he leaves, because I don't think there is any real Abbott family now anyway. Ashley and Abby will still be in Victor's orbit. Jack will still exist to be the loser and failure Victor lords over. That doesn't change even if Billy bums back off to Hong Kong.

I'm sure I saw some potential in Miller's Billy Abbott at some point, but I have never liked the writing for him. The instalove with Lily, the contrived hate for Cane. And over time I have come to see Miller as not being able to bring out his best with co-stars, or to play layers beyond smug and sleazy.

• Members
LOL. They're both, like, over 40. But not that age really matters to the casting director or the people in charge. Just look at Michael Muhney.

I want 2010 to get here already. Maybe Maria can waste her energy running for a senate seat or drumming up support for Mitt or Sarah.

• Members

You know what these hacks will probably do? They'll probably have Traci pity Patty and sympathize with her before she leaves. Never mind that this bitch kidnapped her own child, and was indirectly responsible for her death.

That will probably be their way of telling us, "see, she's not that bad, even Traci feels sorry for her!"

After all she's done, both the Abbot and Newman families should HATE Patty for life, regardless of Victor brining her back or that she's mentally ill. There is no way anyone should forgive this woman for leading Colleen to her death, causing Summer's brain damage, and yes, killing Zapato.

I will never forgive that b!tch, no matter how good Haiduk is, or how hard they try to redeem her.

• Members

Was it my imagination that Traci was blubbering away at Katherine's funeral? I guess that was a one sided relationship totally on Traci's part because the love is not extending both ways and these aliens are acting like her pet goldfish died. This show would be making much more sense right now if they were writing that it is invasion of the body snatchers going on in Genoa City.

Archived