Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of September 21

• Members

Then why do you assume Sheffer is a lost cause?

IF Maria is indeed letting Sheffer run amok on this show and has been for months, what does that say about her?

Her solo stint in 2008 was a flop, but in the opposite direction - nothing happened. Let's not forget this is the period of time her writing drove the show to the WORST ratings erosion in its HISTORY. The show STILL hasn't recovered from it and have been treading back down in the ratings in recent months.

So, I've yet to be convinced of her talents

For the record, I want them all fired. I'd take Jack F. Smith and a staff full with the old team back in a heartbeat over these lame asses we have right now who think they're so good, but secretly write crap for just a paycheck and not even partly for artistic merit.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I could see Traci on the show as the wise talk to character,the'calm within the storm'.

If the show went back to a focus on Jabot and Jack put his energies into the business,maybe Traci could decide to work there.

I want Jill,Billy,Ashley etc all there and Traci to mediate all the conflicts that would inevitably occur.

• Members

Because most of the bad storylines recently have REEKED of Sheffer. He has already done them on ATWT or Days or both. It is very noticeably his style.

ETA - I also think Hamner is a lost cause. He's behind all the 'Scoobies' crap.

MAB is anything but a creative genius, but at least she knows what viewers want (even if that's not always what translates on-screen): "an emotional storyline that [is] founded and built from character", in her own words.

Of course it would be wonderful if she were replaced with someone better, but the reality is that if MAB was fired, they'd probably get someone like Brian Frons who doesn't know even the basic fundamentals of a good story.

Agreed.

• Members

But ideally if Maria Arena Bell had a problem with this type of storytelling she would put a stop to it. Since she doesn't, it seems like she's grown in favour of such nonsense stories.

Writers can tout their horn as much as they want in interviews, but she needs to SHOW ME this is the case. Needless to say, her words aren't backed up by the show she writes and produces.

We don't know that, and Frons isn't a writer or producer. lol.

I don't call lighting fast pacing, bad story execution, overloading on one-note psychos, constantly altering the personalities of characters, and other things I'm seeing on Y&R right now "the basic fundamentals of a good story."

As much as you seem to be in denial about it, we might not have a Y&R in a few years. Don't you want to say at least someone tried to save the show towards the end, or hell, at least someone tried to save the show and make it better? I sure as hell can't say that about this current writing regime.

Smith may have had some big problems, but he was a hell of of a lot better than anyone that came after him. At least he wrote a better balanced show.

I'll never understand why, Maria, who claims she wanted to rid the show of all of Latham's vision, kept Scott Hamner - Latham's BFF and her biggest professional ally.

Maria's lack of training and good judgment shows itself in every corner...

• Members

No Traci needs to high tail her ass out of GC to live. They kill off people who was connected to Brad, Colleen or a Abbott. Traci was married to Brad & she is also a Abbott. Run Traci run. Just leave Billy & Jack post cards. Or maybe she should send messages through her books to them. Ashley probably got a 50 50 chance of lving only because she isn't a Abbott but she was married to Brad. But her babies keep dying so who knows what they got planned for her.

• Members

Far be it for me to defend Guza, but when he was good, he was good. MAB, well, she's never been that good, nor does she have his gift of assembling great staff writers. And sadly, even though GH isn't all the great, I've found it to be a lot more recognizable and better than Y&R in recent months (plus, GH is starting to put Y&R to shame in the HD department).

Mark predicts Y&R will air its final episode in 2016, we'll see if that's true. LOL!

• Members

Mac and Billy suck (mostly because the actors have no chemistry and the writing has been forced for them), make no mistake.

But Chance (god, that name sucks!) isn't even a character, and they haven't even tried to develop him. I really see nothing between him and Chloe, they seem better suited as friends than lovers. But then again, I doubt if Chance and Chloe became a couple they would be given much airtime. I think Chloe is always going to degrade herself for Billy.

Archived