Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

About 8 and a half minutes of Shawn Stevens singing in his role as Zach Anders. The version of the Steve/Liza song is very very pretty. Sherry Mathis features a fair amount in this too.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

He has a great voice and I liked the songs. According to his filmography he was on Search 1980-81 as Zach then moved to Days 1981-1983 as Oliver.

Shawn must be wanting to work again because he is uploading his early work and his imdb page has been updated with new current photos of him.

Edited by SoapDope

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Actor Michael Maitland, the original Bruce Carson on Search for Tomorrow, has passed away. He died of cancer on April 23, 2014.

He was also on the soap operas The Edge of Night and Dark Shadows before joining the cast of Search for Tomorrow.

On Broadway, he was in The Rothchilds (with Hal Linden) and, earlier, Mame.

• Members

I just learned that Jill Clayburg (Search for Tomorrow) was also in The Rothchilds with Micahel Maitland.

In The Rothchilds, Michael Maitland played the first unchin, and actor Robby Benson played the second urchin.

Later, Michael Maitland created the role of Bruce Carson. Robby Benson later replaced him as the second Bruce Carson.

• Members

Plus, that's the only footage I've seen of the QEII storyline other than a CBS promo. Liza and Travis had given their adopted baby back to his biological mother, and Liza was depressed so Travis took her on this cruise. They ended up getting into a few nasty quarrels, which is why she is flashing back to happier times with him during the song.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I also noticed there was much less McCleary. I wonder if they plugged them into the later titles because of actors leaving.

Seeing so much of Jo and Stu was great. This was when they were hinting at a story about Jo being romantically jealous of Stu and his new woman, but Mary Stuart didn't want to play it that way.

Who was playing Evie's mother? Anita Gillette?

I enjoyed the comedy with Cagney, even if this Suzie is a drag.

• Members

Yeah, I read that Mary Stuart didn't think it would be realistic for Jo to suddenly pine for Stu after all their years as best (platonic) friends, so she chose to play the jealous angle as a fear that the new lady in Stu's life would monopolize all his time and that she'd lose him as a friend. I thought that was a smart (and believable) way to do it. That is indeed Anita Gillette.

Edited by amybrickwallace