Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

They did share the same time slot until ABC moved Ryan's Hope to noon in 1984.

Ellen Barrett, who was executive producer of Search in 1984, held the same role at Ryan's Hope in 1982-83. Aside from Shaffer, Search also had Peter Haskell who had played Hollis Kirkland on RH. Search also had Patrick James Clarke as Jack Benton, who raped Sunny in 1984. Clarke had played Pat Ryan on RH.

• Members

I think Peter Haskell was still there when Mayer and Stephanie Braxton took over as head writers. Plus Louise Shaffer was still on as Stephanie. Mayer and Braxton were utterly wrong for SFT. They had the God-awful circus storyline with TR and Ryder. They all but destroyed Sunny and made her rivals with Liza.

• Members

Hey, I just noticed that there is a listing on eBay for the John Gabriel & Friends LP from 1979 that Sherry Mathis took part in. John Gabriel, who was starring on RH as Dr. Seneca Beaulac at the time, sings most of the songs on the record, but Sherry, Francesca James (AMC), Kelly Wood (ATWT) and Michael Ingram (OLTL) each have one number.

There are several pictures of the album cover and the album itself on eBay, and the back cover lists a short bio for each star who participated. Here's the one for Sherry:

"Sherry Mathis (Liza Kaslo on SEARCH FOR TOMORROW) is from Memphis, Tennessee, and has been singing in musicals for years. She played Guinevere in Camelot opposite handsome Jerry Lanning - and recently married him. So many fans have loved her singing "THERE WILL BE SWEETER DAYS" on SEARCH that she's done it for this album."

Fun fact: The album was produced and distributed by Archie Bleyer and Cadence Records, who were responsible for many of the Everly Brothers' hits.

I wish that some big cheese would put this on iTunes!!!

• Members

Most were living in Liberty House after the flood. But the McClearys got their homestead back at some point. There's an episode after the flood where the McCleary boys go back to their flood-ravaged home. At some point, they moved back into the house along with matriarch Kate. I believe it was a different set at that point though could be wrong.