Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

I don't know who was directing Search at this point but the overacting in those Liza scenes was so glaring...I guess they were playing up Liza as some type of diva because she was insecure without Travis and Kentucky Bluebird (wasn't that a Dionne Warwick song??) was supposed to help bring her back, but it just seems like too much. As is his fake accent (I guess by this time John Aniston had managed to contain his bad fake accent a little better).

They even had their own twangy music cue for him. I'm surprised he didn't last.

They recast Lloyd Kendall so many times so quickly I wonder if viewers even invested. I wonder how long his children lasted.

For me the best part was the stuff with Wendy and Justine and that flaming photographer (who was that)? The only stuff that had a fun vibe.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What is the story with the Kendall clan? What happened to Alec?

Justine annoys me and this is already three episodes in. It's just something about her that does not mesh well with me.

I so glad that Liza loosened up and finally got into that sleeping bag with Kentucky. I hope the threw him the 'hello kitty' because I know I would if I was in her position. :P

I was a little confused with Cord's reaction when he was talking to Martin and Stu. Does he have feelings for Liza or is he fretting b/c his business career might be in peril?

• Members

The photog was Brett Hamilton and played by Brett Porter. He was connected with bad boy Warren Carter. Porter was married to Guiding Light's Liz Keifer in the 80s. I remember him from Loving as well.

Personally, I loved Lloyd when Peter Haskell played the role. He had amazing chemistry with Maree Cheetham's Stephanie. I assume Haskell left to join Rituals.

If memory serves me well -- and I could be wrong -- Lloyd had five kids. There was Michael, who blind and played by Thomas Sullivan. Or was Michael Lloyd's brother? There was Steve, played by Philip Brown. Steve, I think, turned out to be Martin Tourneur's son. The character briefly returned in the fall of 1985 with another actor but quickly written out. Then there were Chase (Kevin Conroy) and Alec (Robert Curtis Brown), who were both in love with Adair McCleary (Page Hannah). They were all pivotal characters in 1984. In 1985, Alec was written out and Chase and Adair recast. Robert Wilson, who played Channing Capwell Jr. on Santa Barbara, assumed the role of Chase and Susan Carey Lamm took over the role of Adair. Both were written out toward the end of 1985 with little fanfare.

• Members

The security man, Sam Adams, looks familiar. Is that Richard Council , temp Hal Munson and Ari Triandos ATWT, PI Parker and Pete Walker, LOV, and Michael Blake, LOL? I think it is, anyone out there know?

NBA and Carl, thanks for posting these awesome episodes. The cast at this time was great! Such a treat to watch!

• Members

Thanks for posting these treasures featuring the late, great Sherry Mathis - who would be 65 if she were still with us today. Sadly, the clips of her from 1979 (singing at the piano, fighting off a snake - and then the diabolical Nick [played by her own future husband, Jerry Lanning], romantic walking on the beach with Travis) are gone from YT - I think the person who posted them deleted their account.

I still have the 2006 issue of Memphis magazine with the feature on the lovely actress/songbird. I have the first few pages scanned but need to scan the rest. I don't have Photobucket or anything like that, so maybe I can just email it to Carl and he can put it on his Photobucket and then post it here.

She did so much singing in her career - and it's absolutely criminal that barely ANYTHING she sang is available. No doubt P&G has some of her finest performances on SFT locked up in a vault someplace and won't share it with the public - that is, if they didn't already record over the tapes. Too bad they can't - or won't - do an on-demand DVD service for their soaps.