Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for posting more SFT. The Liza character seemed adrift after Travis was gone. Was it Rod Arrants choice to leave the show ? He wound up on Days then Y&R after SFT.

In an interview with Rod, he said he was heartbroken when Sherry died and they had a special working relationship. Rod also remains good friends with Eileen Davidson from when he played her husband on Y&R.

I know Kevin Conroy was a theater actor and did a stint on AW before taking this role on SFT, which appears to only lasted a year. He only lasted a year on Dynasty as well.I wonder if he just did soaps to supplement his income or he hated the way the characters were written and left ? He appears to no longer to do on camera acting, but has been best known as the voice of Batman in animated features for about 25 years.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't think the McClearys had that much in common with the Ryans, but after seeing that bar I think NBA has a point. That place looks so much like the Ryan bar, it's uncanny.

How long had that Cord been on the show? He seems like an overnight psycho.

Who is playing his sister Victoria?

Nice location work.

I had to laugh at how quickly they were getting over Alec and accepting his death. Oh, we found a bloody shirt. I guess the cynical soap fan in me doesn't buy that line.

The photo of Alec and Kevin Conroy looked like a couple, not brothers.

• Members

I thought that photo looked like they were a couple too......LOL

Robert Curtis Brown appeared in 1988 on the game show Sale Of The Century and he states to Jim Perry he is an actor and that his actor friend Victor Bevine (from various soaps) suggested he come on. Victor had appeared and won on a previous episode.

Edited by SoapDope

• Members

How long after Travis died did Kentucky come on the show?

I do believe it was Rod Arrants' choice to leave the show once his contract was up. It's a shame Will Patton didn't sign a contract because his relationship was Liza was sheer fun - and he was great at playing a guy who knew how to annoy and charm a woman at the same time. Plus, we would have been spared the whole Lloyd/Hogan saga.

It would be great if there was more Liza/Travis available. I especially would love to see their story from the very beginning, to when Steve Kaslo dies and a dashing young billionaire businessman named Travis Sentell comes to town, instantly smitten with and charmed by the widow Kaslo.

Speaking of Rod Arrants, he hit the big 7-0 a few days ago (9/5/1944). Wow!!

• Members

I really enjoyed that third episode. Not a bad scene to be found. I wonder who wrote it.

The Justine/Cagney scenes (very mature and poignant) and the Kentucky/Liza scenes (lots of juicy innuendo and hints of genuine chemistry) stood out, but everything was good. I even cared about the Kendalls, with all the talk of the grieving for TR because Lloyd insisted she had to be dead, and now he was doing the same with Chase.

• Members

If ever a scene shows how harder things were in a pre-mobile world, it's the one where Liza's car breaks down. No cell phone, and save for her little flashlight, it's dark and who knows if there is a pay phone anywhere? I love watching these shows where characters have to rush to find payphones in the pre-cell phone era.

• Members

I don't recall seeing her in any other shows. Cord and Victoria weren't around long at all -- introduced and then written out in 1984.

It's cool watching these episodes. I remember disliking Michael Corbett immensely as Warren Carter. Fast forward to 2010 and whose childhood home do I end up buying but Corbett's. Sadly, the previous owner didn't know much about Corbett and chucked tons of his memorabilia that had been left behind in the house.

• Members

How is Cord related to Liza? From a previous episode, I assumed he was yearning for her how he reacted when with Stu and Martin.

And didn't RH and SFT run in the same timeslot? That'd probably explain why Search copied RH. They wanted to gain some of their viewership. They already had Louise Shaffer [who was previously on RH]. Now they had the bar and big Irish family too.