Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's definitely possible they made it to 1986 as I wasn't keeping up with it at the end. I just remember they made it pretty far into 1985, at least. There was a message board that was pretty devout about tracking what had aired and keeping important details recorded. I'm pretty sure its still around but I cannot recall the name.

• Members

Random thoughts:

Steve Kendall was briefly played by hunky non-actor Steve Lundquist, an Olympic swimmer.

Pretty sure Caldwell House was destroyed by the flood. I remember Jo, Stu, Hogan and Patti in the ruins. They even found a live dog or cat trapped there and gave it to TR. Jo hadn't had her own "house" since the days of Tony.

Maree Cheatham was fired for bad mouthing the writers, according to Nelson Aspen. It's in his book. He says Louise Shaffer was Stephanie the next day--not sure about the timing.

• Members

A flood ravaged the town of Henderson around February 1986. Afterward, most of the characters went to live in an apartment building called Liberty House, which also included a restaurant/club. It was done as a last-ditch effort to goose the ratings. There's lots of discussion about the flood and its aftermath -- and links to episodes -- here in this board.

• Members

Yep. You're right. One episode dealt with the Henderson folks as the river began to crest. That episode featured the longtime Search theme song and ended with the flood hitting. The next episode showed the immediate aftermath, with Jo and others struggling in the water and then cut to the new opening credits and theme song.

Edited by robbwolff