Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Dawson's obituary states he was on SFT but I haven't come across information about which role he played.

I loved him on AW as Zachary Colton and remember loving the twist that he was Jordan Scott's killer. Sadly, Dawson was one of the many actors that we lost in the 80s due to AIDS. A tragic loss.

• Members

Curt Dawson was one of the actors Doug Watson thanked in his Emmy acceptance speech in 1981 (because the episode he submitted was the one of Mac learning on the witness stand that Mitch was baby Matthew's biological father, after Rachel's tearful confession. Zachary Colton was the prosecutor who was grilling Mac.).

• Members

Thanks to saynotoursoap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzltiQDTZx4

I remember Claire Labine saying that moving away from half-hour soaps was a mistake, because half-hour soaps were the ideal format. Episodes like this make me want to agree with her. There really wasn't a dull moment. Yet nothing felt forced or rushed.

The hair and makeup and wardrobe at this point were better than I'd realized - all the women look luminous. Nicolette Goulet looks 100 times more like a star here than she did on Ryan's Hope. Maree Cheatham looks stunning. I love the style they give Lisa Peluso and Doug Stevenson in her dream. And Sherry is gorgeous. And we get to hear her sing! What a wonderful surprise.

Sherry plays that melancholy and fragility so well under the "happy" persona. Liza was a traditional heroine, but Sherry doesn't play her that simply. She has such easy chemistry with everyone in this episode.

I like how they have Kathy and Liza talk about the man who killed himself and how they feel guilty and want to make amends, even though they were the victims. It's true to life and makes the story less melodramatic.

I didn't realize Suzi was still a child at this point. Martin seems like a phony to me (with a dubious accent), so I say more power to her. But seeing Jo happy is nice.

I absolutely love that scene with Stephanie and Kathy, Stephanie just being defensive and strident and yet vulnerable, and Kathy not backing down.

The characters are all relateable yet also surprisingly complex.

This was just great. Even better than I thought it would be. This is a show with bright shining potential.

• Members

Having watched eps of TD, EON and SFT in a stretch, I have to agree about the 30-minute format as well. They make every minute count and pack in lots of good stuff.

It's sweet and also melancholy to see Sherry Mathis and Nikki Goulet sharing the screen. May God rest both of them.

I absolutely loved hearing Sherry singing and playing piano (and WHY did no one ever cut a full album with her???). Finding ANY footage of her singing is rare indeed. Liza and Travis were such a great couple, and it probably didn't hurt that Sherry was close friends with Rod Arrants and remained so until she passed away.

Also great to see Mary Stuart, Maree Cheatham, Lisa Peluso and Patsy Pease all in this episode!!!

What a treasure!! Thanks to saynotoursoap and Carl for posting the episode and alerting us to its existence!!!

• Members

Also,the sets look good.

Interesting to see Lee,Cissy and Wendy pop up towards the end of the ep.And Spence just have that scene at the door.

Was this still the Corringtons?

It's so sad to think that within a short time,the show went to pieces.

So in this case it wasn't the half hour format itself but probably the pressure to compete with the flashier 1 hr shows where so much more seemed to be happening.