Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Some tidbits I found over the weekend: Cindy Ramsey[early 80s] played by Dorothy Parke.

In 1965 veteran movie actress Virginia Gilmore appeared as an unmentioned character. Anyone know the character?

Maxine Stuart appeared in the 50s or 60s. She had also appeared on EON, Y&R and many others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

How much do you think SFT was affected by the departures of Rod Arrants (Travis) in 1984 and Sherry Mathis (Liza) in 1985? Travis was killed off and Liza was recast (with Louan Gideon - I can't believe we are coming up on the 1-year anniversary of her passing, God rest her). I know the show never again enjoyed the ratings it had on CBS when it moved to NBC, but they had been the show's main couple for several years. While Sherry's Liza had the short and sweet relationship with Will Patton's character (Kentucky Bluebird) - which was fun while it lasted (he didn't want to sign a contract and left the show after only a few months) - that was really the last decent story she had.

It's just too bad, in hindsight, that Liza and Travis never got to ride off into the sunset together with the children they had waited so long to have. I would so love to see more clips of their early years.

I recently heard from another SFT alum, Annie Wyndham (Amy Kaslo Carson), who now goes by her married name of Solomon. She very kindly autographed two pictures I sent to her and added a recent photo of herself. I swear, she has found the fountain of youth. She still has the long blond mane and unmistakable smile. Now THAT'S an era of SFT that I want to see so bad - when she, Michael Nouri and Joel Higgins were all on. I hope some of it still exists somewhere...

• Members

I do believe it was Rod Arrants' choice to leave (I know Ms. Mathis left of her own volition) - but the loss of Travis meant that the show's longest-running hero at that time ensured that the McCleary boys would be gobbling up even more airtime. This is no knock on David Forsyth, Matt Ashford and Jeffrey Meek - they have all proved themselves fine leading men over the years on different soaps. But there's no doubt that they swallowed the show whole those last couple of years.