Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sheesh that storyline seems way more intense than I thought it would be. So essentially Warren was gaslighting Suzy to the hilt, and had somehow roped Wendy into the plan as well. That is insane. Thanks for those... it was full on just watching those clips.

• Members

This was an episode from mid-1984 that I just stumbled upon. Again lots of familiar faces (Matt Ashford, Marie Cheatham, David Forsyth, Michael Corbett, Lisa Peluso). Even some lovely scenes here with Rod Arrants and Jane Krakowski.

The episodes I’ve seen previously of SFT all had Louise Shaffer as Stephanie, but seeing Marie Cheatham’s portrayal here endeared me a lot more to her as a character, and actually made Stephanie somewhat more human and calm rather than as the caricature overbearing mother that Shaffer seemed to bring out more. It’s a shame that they couldn’t keep Cheatham longer.

• Members

I forgot to post earlier that I loved the Liza and Travis montage set to their song, "There Will Be Sweeter Days". (Sherry Mathis even recorded the song on the John Gabriel & Friends LP.) I liked that they were a "real" soap couple. Yes, they had outside forces to deal with and their own insecurities, but they loved each other very much and could communicate that love with just a look.

Knowing how the Liza character would be assassinated once Travis was gone, I kind of wish both Arrants and Mathis had given in their notices at the same time. That way, the Sentells and their family could have happily ridden off together into the sunset. Still, Mathis never gave less than 100% to all the material she was handed in the last year she was on - even when so much of it was against character and just a mess.

• Members

Honey, you’re FB friends with her. Ask her. LOL

“Another of the show’s longtime stars, who played the ongoing nemesis of Mary‘s (Stuart, Jo) character, was unexpectedly and unceremoniously fired after more than a decade on the show.  Someone had overheard her in the make-up room the day before, reading about some natural disaster that had made headlines in the paper.  She dryly quipped, ‘Over a hundred people killed. Tsk tsk. And not one of them was a writer.’  The walls certainly had ears and someone rattled to The Powers That Be. Viewers wound up seeing her start a scene with her TV daughter on a Tuesday and an entirely new actress picking up mid-conversation on a Wednesday. (This is not a business known for its job security.)“

—Nelson Aspen, HOLLYWOOD INSIDER EXPOSED!

Nelson worked on SFT in-front of and behind the camera. 

Edited by antmunoz
Spelling

• Members

Thanks. Ouch. I always assumed that she quit in a contract dispute. 

So many defunct soaps are doing virtual reunions. I wish they'd do one for SFT. (Hey, even Loving had one.) Who do you think would participate? I'm pretty sure Marcia McCabe, Maree and Lisa Peluso would. I'd love to see Rod Arrants participate in a reunion; he's always had wonderful things to say about the show. Who would you all like to see if there was a SFT virtual reunion?

• Members

For sure, I'd love to see Marcia McCabe, Maree Cheatham, Lisa Peluso and Rod Arrants.  But, I'd add to the list Lewis Arlt, John James, Michael Nouri, Cynthia Gibb, Morgan Fairchild, Courtney Simon, Millee Taggart, Matthew Ashford, Michael Corbett, David Forsyth (if he's healthy), Joel Higgins, Jeffrey Meek, Jacqueline Schulz, Gary Tomlin....

Yeah, I admit, it's a long list, lol.