OLTL: Discussion for the week August 10

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She most certainly is. She says she is going to show Tea what happens when she messes with a Cramer woman. Um exactly what is Tea doing to her? Blair could end this all right now by just walking away. Now she wants to expose Tea's secret? Arent we do for a Woman of the Year Awards right about now. Seems like the perfect oppurtunity for it to all come out.

• Members

Blair exists only to prop Todd/Tea. If OLTL were in any way confident about this pairing, they wouldn't need to run her down. Then again, it would help if TSJ delivered his "love" for Tea in a manner which was different than someone delivers their breakfast order at Denny's.

Now they have a new man on the show to, presumably, also prop Tea/Todd. He can't actually be a real threat to Todd's "love" for her unless he starts beating her or using her for sex or destroying her career.

What was Dorian wearing? She looked like Delores Delago, the toast of Chicago.

• Members

I really liked today's episode. This new lawyer is exactly what this show needed, someone to match Blair with. Once she is out of Todd's orbit, then story for them can finally move forward. The actor seems strong and is the right age. He fills a void in the "male over 30 group" so we do not have to endure another pass around between Todd and John. I know I'll come under the gun for this because they could have easily brought back Kevin and made good use of history but so much has gone on between all of those characters that I find it refreshing to see some new blood in this story. I also enjoyed all the friend discussions with Rachel and Sky, Shawn and Greg and especially Viki, Charlie and Todd. Those scenes were frig'in hilarious. I was surprised with myself when I got excited seeing David at Dorian's door. I just hope this visit is better than his last.

• Members

Wow, was I the only one who watched today! Another good episode, IMO. David and Dorian are always funny and I really felt for Marrko. I thought the scenes involving Marrko and Langston were very realistic. My only problem with today was Blair going to Rex for PI help. After holding back the truth about Sam I don't think she ever would have gone to Rex for help. It just wouldn't happen.

• Members

Funny that you say that, bc I get a feeling that the new lawyer will actually be a love interest for Tea. (Sparring both in the bedroom and in the courtroom.) I don't think once Tea's secret is revealed, whatever it is, Todd will want to be with her.

• Members

Considering how uninterested he is in his current kids, unless he can screw up their lives, I'm not sure what the point would be. I think they'd be better off saying this is Tea's child by another man. Would Todd be able to resist raking her over the coals for daring to have a child by another man? Would his relationship with Tea survive?

I'm glad to see Tuc Watkins again, but I'm looking forward more to seeing his scenes with Bo, the comedic stuff with David, I think its run its course. He's had too much pain over the past four or five years to be a ha ha character all the time.

• Members

I don’t really see the point of Téa having a child with someone else. The point of her character returning in the first place was to align, and be reconnected, with Todd. Having it revealed that she had a baby with another man provides no real storyline payoff. Why should I, as a viewer, care if she has a secret child sired by some other man? It would mean nothing to me. As a viewer, I would care, though, if she has Todd’s kid secretly stashed away, and the fallout it would cause once it was revealed. And if they do it from the angle of she has a child…thinks it may be Todd's…but it actually is someone else's, then that's a rather flat ending.

Furthermore, I think it would interesting to see Todd become a patriarch over his own little army of kids that don't all come from the same woman (Blair)—ala papa Victor…or Sonny Corinthos.

• Members

I think him learning she has a child by another man would be more interesting because I want to see how he would react. The last time a woman he loved had a child he thought was by another man, he told her the baby was dead and he sold the baby. If Tea is the great love of his life, as we hear all the time now, will he be the same way with her? Will he accept her having a child by someone else?

I don't think Victor or Sonny have very interesting relationships with their children (Victor did many years ago, but not recently), and I'm not sure if Todd would be different. The relationship with Starr last had punch when she was a young teenager and I think lost most of its appeal after last year. He barely even notices Jack or Sam. He only notices his children when he needs them as pawns.

• Members

It wasn't just any someone else, it was Max.  Blair up to that point had a history of walking the fense between Todd and Max.  Both men found it threatening, especially Todd.  And at the time, Blair and Todd were on the verge of a reconcilliation.  Todd felt the same way about Jack being Max's as Gigi does about Rex impregnating Stacy; that it allow the other lover (their enemy) to have an unwanted place in their lives.  I don't think Todd, after a six year hiatus from Tea, would have a huge overreaction to learning that she had some other mans baby.  Even if there was some speculation that it could be his.  The situation is totally different from the Jack fiasco.

• Members

I know Todd was angry about Max, but I think this was also about control, every day seeing the proof that Blair had lived a life without him. And since he was abused by a man who turned out not to be his father, he may have been concerned about what that situation would cause in him if he raised a child who wasn't his biologically.

I think Todd would have a difficult time dealing with Tea having a child and a life without his involvement, even in DNA. I think that would be more dramatic than if the child is his, because other than the predictable story of Blair learning the truth, possibly covering it up, and looking like a horrible person, I'm not sure about what drama can be mined. Since Florencia is only on a limited contract they probably won't have time to build up a relationship between Todd, Tea, and the child. Most of Todd's stories are about the women in his life, not a child, so if he does have one the child may just end up making occasional appearances, like Sam and Jack.

• Administrator

Yay! David's back. I love his humour and he certainly makes OLTL more enjoyable.

I'm actually into this undercover drug story - Cole's actually interesting to watch now. And I like that Brody's int he mix too.

Archived