AMC: The Moving/Not Moving Thread

• Members

Wow, I thought most would agree losing Alicia Minshew would be a huge blow to the show, maybe even TK to an extent (although I've heard rumors of him leaving for years, that doesn't surprise me.)

AMC can not afford to lose Susan Lucci.. I still think she'd be open to leaving NY, same with Cam.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Come on. We can debate the merits of Kaye, Minshew, Canary and Lucci but we all know that if even one of those people leaves during this very fragile move with this bad writing, that show is dead as hell. I'm no Zendall fan, but those bitches are popular. And AMC without Lucci will not survive, at all. It has two years, tops.

I'm sure Charles Pratt thinks that Melissa Egan as a written-on-the-fly psycho/whore and Vince Irizarry's power-mad gut can carry this show on their humps without David or Susan, but it's just not going to work. I've watched Dr. Hayward's potbelly stoop for conquest for a decade, and I'm telling you right now, it hasn't got the staying power.

• Members

AMC will go on just fine without Zach and Kendall. If we got that lucky which we won't. They are like Maurice Benard and Steve Burton know that they are big fishes in little ponds. They will go down with the ship. I think that David Canary and Susan Lucci are far bigger losses to AMC.

• Members

If the show does fail because Zendull is no more, it won't be because they left, it will be a direct result of TIIC not taking action sooner (Zendull should have left or been backburned long ago). You don't let a character or couple eat up an entire show. What happens, without the move, AM decided she wanted to be a stay at home mom? What happens if she gets a prime time gig (very unlikely, but I'm trying to make a point). It's the same thing, which is why one character (and ball and chain) on 12 days a week is a bad idea. Yes, shippers of the character/couple are happy, but it drives away other viewers.

Not to mention, if an actor or actress is going to eat up as much airtime as AM does, they have to be a power actor for me, and this is certainly not the case!

ANDREA

• Members

It was the same thing when AMC revolved around Babe. You would think that show would crash if she wasn't on every day or someone was not kissing her ass. Now Babe is gone and the show has gone on.

There is no doubt that a soap can take a hit when it loses a popular actor, but the show was doomed regardless if it was depending one or two popular characters to carry it. There are no more Luke and Lauras.

• Members

Why would this show be doomed without Erica Kane? What does she offer than can't be replaced? She's a 55 year old woman acting like Blanche Devereaux, but only worse! At least Blanche only believed she was still in her 40's. Erica still believes she's in her 20's. If Susan Lucci was some dynamic powerhouse of an actress that drove story and moved this ship forward, yes. A loss. But she's not. Soap divas are a dime a dozen... and the younger models are cheaper and more profitable for the company, too.

Erica is soooo important, right? Where the hell was she during Kendall's trial, and didn't anybody notice she wasn't there?

Archived