ATWT: August Thread Discussion

• Members

I wasn't crazy about that era. Looking back, I can see some of the benefits, especially compared to the horrid Sheffer years and the flatness of the past few years, but at the time I was so ticked off about what they did with David Stenbeck and at the newbies who were eating the show.

I caught some of today's show. I liked seeing Emma stand up to Meg, even if it was just a plot device.

Who told Paolo to get that light hair color and then to slick it back? He looked like a 70 year old man.

Nice to see Barbara. CZP still looks gorgeous and I wouldn't even know she'd had tongue cancer, her speaking voice is as good as ever.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

YAWN.

Aside from Faith's bitchy 'tude, and how fabulous I think CZP is....today was a big ol' YAWN. I think I could flove Faith (Ashley G.) to pieces if she holds Lily's feet to the fire even one-tenth as bitterly as Parker's snarled at Carly for the past couple of years. Although I grind my teeth at making Faith fourteen when Parker is now sixteen, and was born four months after her in the history. 'Tho their acting strengths make it easier to accept.

I'm not into the fight for Damian's huge tool, or the Henry/Audrey plot.

• Members

I felt the same way about today's show. Meg needs to be backburned. I am so sick of her. It was great seeing CZP. Loved her scenes with KMH.....Loved Emily calling her Babs....

The James reveal was not a big surprise. What lead up to it was good but not a big cliffhanger for me...LOL.

Of course a lot of this is pure plot driven stories but this should be a great week.

• Members

I guess I just dread any Holden/Lily triangle story. They both boffed other people last year (and haven't even been back together a year yet) and Lily The Drama Queen is off chasing tail again. If TIIC are going to pull this tired story out year after year, what is the point of putting them back together?

*sighs* Carjack fan who's suffered for three FRIGGIN' years now, wailing that her girl was damn. near. ruined. after being sacrificed to HOLDEN SNYDER of all friggin' sticks in the mud in the last Lilden break-up.

I sincerely hope Carly comes home and kicks Lily in the ass, and at some point reminds Ms.Good-n-Plenty that she wailed and wailed about Holden doin' it at summer camp where her kids could have walked in and been ruined forever. Her daughter caught Mommy kissin' someone else in her own g-d house. Karma's a b*tch, baby.

• Members

Peej, your bluntness is incredibly entertaining.

I never understood why they aged Parker, Faith, and Sage the way they did. They swapped ages with Parker and Faith, and then aged Sage twice the amount they should have. I understand SORAS'ing is needed, but that's a little overboard. Then again, I'm a stickler for continuity...something ATWT has lacked for a while.

The James return...I saw it coming. Who really thinks that James Stenbeck is dead is dumber than dirt. I can't count how many times they've pulled off the shocked expression and the gasping "You're alive!" observation.

Making James be Henry's father is the stupidest story move I've seen in a while. I understand bringing characters on and tying them to existing Oakdalian families, but why can't they bring on a new character (like Henry was many years ago) and build family around them? We were almost there with Henry's family: Maddie, then Eve (*shudder*), and then Audrey. And then they had to ruin it by tying it all back to James.

Where the hell are Jade and Aaron? Anyone know?

• Members

^^^^Dusty, mi amigo, you obligated find me entertaining. I'll settle for being a PITA! :D In fact, I occasionally take great pride in it. :lol:

Re: Parker, Faith and Sage---I'm not sure how old Ashley Grenier actually is, so I don't know if they're just using her actual age, or if it's a conscious decision on TPTB's part. I understand Mick Hazen's incredible growth spurt made it impossible to play Parker younger, because those first few months after MH took over the role, Parker and Faith were supposed to be the same age. I was surprised to find out today Allie Gorenc is 13, so they're keeping Sage's age in the ballpark of Allie's. On one hand, I can appreciate that TPTB have stuck with these kids because I like them. It's not like on GL where Rick's youngest kid is almost graduating high-school, while Jude, who's conviently off-screen either isn't mentioned or old enough to even call Dad on his own or visit. Not to mention the entire Daisy/James relationship, when Daisy was a teen before James was even concieved.

But on the other, if Parker's 16, I'd hate to speculate on how old Nora would be, had she lived. Carly would probably be a grandma by now....

• Members

For real?! I thought the Holden/Lily/Damian/Meg/Luke/Faith scenes were the best parts of today's show. You've got classic soap happening right there! Everything else was pure camp. I love CZP, but gah...today's scenes were soo campy. And I was over anything Katie/Henry-related a loong time ago. I think Henry as James son is super lame.

I used to HATE Lily (MB's Lily, that is)...but I'm not blind. Damian & Lily are HOT!!! Adultery my ass...the show hasn't seen this much passion in ages! Damian catching Lily's hand as she tried to slap him after their kiss was such a swoonworthy moment. :wub: I was also cheering him on when he asked her why she was asking him about Meg since she is MARRIED. He brought up a good question when Lily said that Holden was the love of her life and he said, "Is he really? Or is he just the man you're used to?" Didn't I call this ages ago??? I've always felt that people want Lily & Holden together just because the show has been pimping them as this great supercouple, but fans are like children...they want their parents to stay together even if it's clear that the marriage is only for the sake of stability. :rolleyes:

Performer of the day is a tie between Paolo Seganti & Noelle Beck. Paolo was excellent in showing Damian's anger and hurt at being rejected by Lily in addition to annoyance at Meg. I LOVE how he nearly snapped at Meg when she reminded him that he doesn't take naps and he said he needed to get away from the constant barrage. "Oh, you mean me?!" You said it, Meg. Not him. :lol: Meanwhile, Beck did a great job of portraying Lily's confusion. I'm annoyed that Lily went on to pretending that everything was fine with her family and not having a clue as to why Faith was upset, but it's realistic. I, too, am sick of seeing the constant cheating from both sides with Lily & Holden...which is why I'm praying that these two are FINITO this time around. Oh, I can only hope...Despite that, I felt terrible for Faith. Ashley Marie Greiner played her reaction to seeing her mother in the arms of another man perfectly. Didn't she nearly catch Holden & Carly together last year, though?

• Members

I guess my main problem is I no longer find Damian sexy. And it doesn't help that I don't give a rat's ass about any of the four players in this drama (five, I guess, because I'm almost positive Meg will at some point go running back to Paul...) And I have a real problem with Lily's motivation here. I guess she just continually wants what she can't have. (which I wish Carly would get to rub in her face; I'd really love Carly to knock her down a peg or twenty after nearly running her down in a fit of jealous rage.) It's not compelling to me to see Lily play va-jay-jay ping pong because she's suddenly "not over" the man who let her believe he was dead for years, leaving her to raise their child alone, or the guy who came back to de-gay their son, or whatever. At least it's not in the Craig/Ro Paul/Em "nearly killed 'ya---sorry 'bout that club"---but like Meg said, a couple of weeks ago, Lily was green-lighting the Meg/Damian relationship, and this week she's a wreck and jealous to the tips of her immaculately pedicured toes over it.

Yes...Faith almost caught Holden and Carly. It was talking to Faith that snapped Carly out of her giggly at bein' boinked and sent her running home.

• Members

I find RH's Paul unwatchable. I have from the start and I still do, which sucks, because Paul was one of my favorite characters before RH. The main reason I watched today's scenes was for Emily and Babs. They can do bad camp. It took years for me to accept Kelly as Emily (I only stared because of Jef Hamlin) but she always brings her all to each scene, no matter how bad the material. As boring as another James return is, I thought the scenes of Paul wandering through the empty madhouse were surprisingly chilling.

The rest was forgettable, mostly because Henry and Katie are such empty characters now. I do think Damian and NB's Lily are a very good fit. There are two sides of Lily. Martha Byrne was great at the bratty but vulnerable Snyder side, Beck, like Heather Rattray, reminds me more of the icy Walsh side.

• Members

I pretty much agree with what you just said. RH has been an awful Paul recast from the beginning. RH is unwatchable. And I wonder why he continues to be ATWT. I wish he would just leave ATWT. I still miss Melanie Smith as Emily. I think I first liking Kelly as Em was when she was paired with Royce Keller. I love Jef Hamlin too. He was a cutie...lol.

Henry and Katie are characters ATWT could dump and no one would miss them. Katie has run her course in Oakdale and Henry was never but a one note character. Henry being a Stenbeck is just dumb anyway you look at it. His last name is Coleman. He should have been related to Lisa. She was married to Grant Coleman.

I wish Heather Rattray would have played Lily again I was probably the only one who liked her in the role.

• Members

I thought today's show was pretty good minus Paul getting his memory back. I wish Margo would just tell Tom that Reily is Adam. Boy...what an awful hairdo Ellen Dolan had today...LOL

I lobsterlove CZP!!

Poor Kim tomorrow.

• Members

Well, at least I didn't feel like poking my eye out. ;) I know I should be rolling my eyes at James' latest return from the dead, but I flove AH so much, and the Paul/James/Babs dynamic is so addictive, I can't help but be intrigued.

I like Margo's new haircut. It's very Carly circa 2005. But Margo's color is still all wrong.

Archived