ATWT: August Thread Discussion

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well....at least I can giggle imagining NukeNation gnashing their teeth over the fact another set's been added---and it's not a NukeNookieStation.

Sigh...I wish Carly was in town to watch Lily have a meltdown over Damian and Meg. I don't know who decided Lily should become a bitch, (at least an outright, hypocritical, claw-bearing one) but it leaves me scratching my head.

• Members

Yeah, another new set. And i was thinking the same thing about the Nuke fanbase...LOL.

You know Martha's Lily wouldnt have been so bitchy.

The show was actually ok. I cant get into the Audrey/Henry story even though I know where it is going. Hint...Hint...Henry's daddy....LOL

I just cant stand Meg. I wanted Lily or Emily to slap Meg.

• Members

I'm days behind, so could someone tell me what this new set is? I must say, since returning to the show I HATE what they've done to the sets. Katie's cottage looks terrible. The colors are all wrong for the actors and it washes them out. It films terribly. Then you have Lily's Non!House that looks like Gwen and Will's home redone. Al's looks like it was designed by whoever destroyed Katie's cottage and Carly/Tom & Margo's homes have been shrunk.

Also I was wondering if Snickers still exists?

• Members

Damian relocated his Grimaldi Shipping office. It's no longer an interchangable desk at WorldWide. All I really remember is that it has a model ship (which I think they had back in the day), the door is some horrible black/gray concoction, and the windows behind Damian are the old Montgomery Associates windows, that look like you could open them.

I got the impression they'd taken parts of the old BRO all white set and spray painted parts of it black and gray.

Snickers hasn't been mentioned in a while. Although Katie has a framed picture of him/her in her bedroom, right next to stepdaughter Libby.

• Members

Why does NuPaul insist on complimenting every woman he "meets" on her looks? During the "trial" it was Bonnie's eyes, and now even Ali gets the "you're cute" treatment. It's annoying.

As much as I dislike the concept of Lily's jealousy, that snarky little catfight is how Meg and Lily's relationship should have been treated from the minute Meg reappeared in town.

All-in-all, HO-HUM eppy.

• Members

I was soo hoping that Lily would bitchslap Meg today. Alas, that didn't happen and Meg actually made me crack when she pointed out some thing about Lily that were true. Nevertheless, I'm still rooting for Lily. When Meg told Lily that she acts like she owns every man she's been with, I wondered if Lily has acted the same way with Dusty. As far as I know, she was fine with Meg & Dusty.

When Meg said, "Oh, you're working" when she stormed into the office to complain about something or somewhat (this woman seems to use Damian as a dumping ground for her problems), I found that hilarious for some reason.

Was I the only one who noticed how close Damian & Luke were in their first scene today? :unsure: I think Paolo has a thing with invading his costars' personal spaces. :lol: Luke & Damian could just be as hot as Meg & HOlden. Hahaha...

I love Emily and I like Paul occasionally, but MicrochipPaul acts like a little kid. I thought it was cute at first, but now I find it aggravating.

For the first time, I actually liked Marnie Schulenberg's Alison. I enjoyed her scenes with Hunter and I liked that she didn't treat Paul any differently because of what happened to him.

I was half expecting Luke to flip out when Damian left the business meeting to tend to Meg. I am really liking Luke & Damian's relationship. So many funny quotes today...including when Luke added that he was just being really into himself when Damian offered that he still has a ways to go before Luke can fully trust him.

Meg & Damian round two would make me hurl if it weren't for the fact that Paolo Seganti shirtless is HOT. Damn, I think the guy's got more abs than Mark Collier!

• Members

I have to say this, even though I know Nuke and Nuke-fans don't seem to be popular here. I think they have a right to be a little upset that there's been no sign of Luke & Noah's new apartment. It's been a big part of their story for quite a while, mentioned over and over again, and even given a little subplot with the landlord who wouldn't let them rent his apartment because they're gay. So, I don't think they (the fans) are being unreasonable to expect to see it, at least once.

• Members

HALF the population of Oakdale doesn't have a separate "place of residence" set. Or they congregate at the Snyder flophouse or the Lakeview. If Nuke has to refer to an apartment we don't see, big whoop. It's just that no matter what the situation, Nuke fans find a way to bitch about some "lacking" aspect of Nuke's story. And knowing that there are budget constraints, knowing that Nuke's not the only couple without their own abode (and yes, as much as I loathe it...Jack and Janet are married and still living at Emma's), their latest battle cry is over a friggin' set. Forget that Nuke apparently lived under Holden and Lily's roof for a while, forget that Luke and Noah now have separate interests, family and goals/careers/jobs. AND a potential third for a soap opera staple--a triangle. They want a set. That's my problem with Nuke Nation complaining yet again.

As for today's eppy....am I really supposed to sympathize with Janet? The woman who took FREELOADING to a completely new level JUST a year ago, when Bratie were paying for her flopping at the Lakeview for like a month and a half, and then Jack moved his booty call into his aunt's house? Who friggin' wanted a $20K reception and a $5K wedding dress, and ended up getting a wedding thrown for her for FREE? Who whined at Carly because she NEEDED to have the entire mortgage for her dream home so ALL the kids would have a common roof along with her professional kitchen?? But today, she "won't take charity" in the form of a JOB at WOAK??? After her whinefest to her daughter? GMAFB. Her pissy 'tude is all about being jealous of Teri. UGH--I hate that woman!

That being said, I'm sure somehow Craig will open his huge piehole at some point and tell her she was the second choice--and second to Teri--and no doubt send her screaming off the set and quitting in the next breath. There are some things at which Craig is very adept, and sticking his foot in it is one of them.

And THANK GOD, Parker finally has something other than chasing after Libby to do. Oh, how I hope he can actually say some of those nice things to Carly after she comes home. It's so nice to see him normal, instead of trailing after LibbyLou like a stalker. Now...if we could only free Jack---life would be good at PJ's house. :lol:

Archived