Y&R on the verge of a recast?

• Members

This is why Gina Tognoni is great, among other reasons...

She believably makes you feel for Dinah, given her wacky, psychotic backstory. She makes Dinah, despite her flaws and obsessive nature, seem real.

GL won Writing with this episode at the 2007 Emmys and everyone was so shocked, but I wasn't. A lot of it had to do with the way Gina played this, which was straight and real, even the comedic moments. Her timing in this episode is just so solid.

All in all, Gina Tognoni.......ROCKS!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Also, Gina is a team player. She would play anything AS written and get into character...She'd never slam her show or refuse to play anything. Want nuVictoria to be a lesbian? Gina would play it, no questions asked. Want nuVictoria to have an abortion? Gina would play it.

Look at the way she kissed Wheeler/Kreizman's ass throughout the whole time she was at GL.

• Members

Gina was superb on GL. She made me fall for a character I had, at times, virulently despised during the previous actress' years in the part.

I'm just hoping they won't revert her back to OLTL days. She was a younger and less sure actress back then, so hopefully that wouldn't happen.

If she is hired then I hope people won't expect too much and blame her if it isn't delivered. The writing is what is dragging Y&R down. Many actors just seem lost at sea.

Another thing about Gina is she has chemistry with all her co-stars, regardless of their level of talent. She brought out the best in everyone on GL.

• Members

+1 Carl! +1!

Rob Bogue immediately comes to mind when thinking of that "level of talent" you mention.

Gina Tognoni is just love. But I think she could really make the [!@#$%^&*] writing at Y&R work. She did it on GL for many years.

• Members

:lol::rolleyes::lol:

Re: Gina T... I've never watched GL but the short time that Gina was on OLTL, I very much preferred her version of Kelly Crammer Buchanan to Heather Tom's, and this comes from a fan of HT! I'd love to see her as Victoria or even a more mature Colleen (but for Colleen she'd need to be off the canvas for awhile)...

• Members

It's fantastic and she is so believable.

Oh how I wish she would be play Victoria Newman. I can almost feel it.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I'm not sure Gina Tognoni will be nu Victoria, I worry if it is too good to be true.

In my opinion she could add so much to the show and the Newman family.

• Members

GT can act circles around AH so if HT never came back, I'd welcome her. But I agree with alphanguy, I don't see anyone replacing HT.

No matter how lazy she's being at B&B, she will always be Victoria. EB's been sleepwalking through his scenes for years but I'd rather see him do that than see someone else be Victor Newman.

• Members

Sorry not in my opinion, I think Gina can very well make the role her own.

I have to agree with Bellcurve and Y&RWorldTurner, and I don't miss Heather Tom at all, I would be willing to bet Gina Tognoni would make the role her own if she got her hands on it.

Heather Tom did not own any role, she is no Eric Braeden, Peter Bergman, or Jess Walton.

Gina would make a VERY mature Victoria and own the role very quickly if she got it, I can tell just from clips of other soaps, and she isn't even playing Victoria but that is how good I see her.

Archived