Y&R on the verge of a recast?

• Members

He's not a good enough writer for Dexter. He can't pace, he doesn't know how to write dark men who aren't buttheads, he can't write women, he can't write for young or old characters, he has no filter as to what an audience does or does not want to see.

He should go write for something on FX. Like Dirt. He would have been good on a dumber version of Dirt.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's what I have heard from people who watched shows he wrote for, and when they knew he was coming on board they said 'good luck' he is famous for destroying soaps.

I had no idea how correct they were.

I expected it, and even mentioned it several times on soap boards, but nothing is done to get rid of him.

He is ruining the show. sad.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I simply cannot believe that Sony would fire a pregnant Amelia Heinle. I would not put it past MAB or Rauch, but I can't see Sony wanting that kind of bad publicity. It could happen after she returns of maternity leave, but not until then.

• Members

NO as usual that is Nelson Branco's wisful casting, I hope.

He did the same with Gina Tognoni as Victoria which that I agreed with.

When re-casting they should also most of the time try to go with the similar features, which Tamara Braun does not have she has dark brown eyes and hair.

Victoria's character should have light eyes and dark hair as well as being a good actress.

Maybe she is the one who wants to leave.

• Members

That's what I've been thinking myself. Amelia has been phoning it in for ages now, so why would they just now be trying to get rid of her? Amelia will have two kids to look after now, so I wouldn't be surprised if she has given TPTB her notice.

BTW, wasn't Shari Shattuck fired while pregnant?

• Members

In this economy? Please. What family with two kids to support can afford to lose one income? Make that 3 kids. I forgot about her son with Michael Weatherly.

I also do not know why anyone would think that recasting the role of Victoria would make any difference. MAB does not write strong young female character and that is not going to change no matter who is in the role.

• Members

There are plenty of family's out there with one working parent and three or more kids that made it.

Thad has been at Y&R for ten years now, im pretty sure hes doing well for himself. Also, perhaps they have been smart with their money. He also gets royalties from plenty of outside projects.

Archived