Y&R on the verge of a recast?

• Members

That may indeed be true, but Leon's Colleen was a lot more visible on the show than Sursok's Colleen currently is. Leon had quite a few storylines earlier in her tenure, more more airtime than Sursok has had in her two years with the show thus far too.

Both Latham and MAB & her henchmen have considered Colleen as a glorified extra with Sursok in the role. Her airtime, and the fact they're turning a storyline that was supposed to be a vehicle for Colleen into another vehicle for Billy seem to back this up.

How they allow Tammin to leave so often when the same treatment isn't given to others is highly suspicious too, IMO. No matter how backburner certain other actors/actresses are, I never hear of them asking for time off to do this many outside projects as Tammin has done.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If VB is a bigger hair model than TS, then let Y&R get canceled immediately. I wouldn't want soap world in which this type of a thought was true. Anyway, at least she tries and constantly takes acting lessons. She doesn't give up, while some people don't have to worry about their spot because of their "connections."

• Members

Yes the source close to Tammin Sursok did say she has been let go but it ALSO said that Colleen will not be recasted so if I believe that TS is let go I have to believe the other part of the source as well, if the source speaks the truth.

Colleen dying, being recasted, legacy character being out, and what SID said is all rumours for now. So I dont believe what the magazines are saying. Eva Marcille was said to be on recurring status and we have heard nothing about that, and her name was mentioned, also few months ago SOD or SID said that Bryton Mclure was taken off contract but he is still here.

When Adrianne Leon was "out" it was very official and instantly we knew she had been let go from Y&R, when TS time comes and then I will believe it.

• Members

Fine, everyone might have an insider on Y&R but I still dont believe all this BS people about how Tammin has a sugar daddy protecting her, and helped her got on Y&R, that was the point I was trying to make.

I think TS was good on H&A, I also think she has fit well into Y&R and I don't see her accent as a problem, like others do, but maybe that is because im not American and so I dont notice it much. But Jana's has a fake English accent too and it makes me cringe when I hear it because I know what a real British accent sounds like, so maybe viewers feel the same way about TS but I heard no one complaining about Jana, which is unfair to be honest to pick on Tammin.

Also Eric Braeden has a German accent and Victor is NOT German, and he does not have an American accent at all, WTH? I see no one complaining about him :P

• Members

You really don't understand? It's the fact that "Colleen" was raised as an American and never step foot in Australia, yet she has that accent in almost every single scene. Meanwhile, both Jana and Victor need to have that accent because it comes with the role, while "Colleen's" certainly doesn't.

• Members

The previous actresses that played the character also bore some resemblance to Brad and Traci, which Tammin does not. Not to mention, Tammin has yet to get a real storyline of her own, while the other actresses in the role were written for. Whereas, Tammin has yet to get a real frontburner story on this show after two years and two different writing regimes. Her "big" storyline turned into a vehicle for Billy. TPTB obviously have very little interest in her at this show, but for some reason, they've refused to let her go thus far.

Not to mention, when they do write for Tammin's "Colleen" it's almost a completely different character altogether, they've changed the character to suit who Tammin is as an actress. This is not a character a lot feel familiar with anymore.

Emily O'Brien was actually born in England, but she lost her accent after immigrating to the US as a kid. I don't really care for her accent either, but I can't say she's totally miscast for the quirky Jana role.

Eric Braeden is also the only actor to ever portray Victor Newman, and never had an established family on the show prior for audiences to judge his physical appearance or accent against their's. Plus, his German accent isn't even that strong anymore, IMO.

Not to mention, Victor Newman was never suddenly recast and then never written for, when prior actors in the role were.

• Members

Seriously?

Heather needs to go on sabbatical, disgusted with herself for CONSTANTLY LOSING HER CASES, and return in a few months attempting to tackle a new career. This ADA thing just ain't workin out for homegirl. She needs to be a hair model for Jabot or something. Her current incarnation is such a fruitless character. One of the most bottomless characters ever... which makes sense since MAB created her.

As far as Tammin... I'm sorry. This just isn't working for her. Since she came on, she was ill-conceived and carelessly flung around like a rag-doll. If I were her, I'd love this gig too. She has a steady paycheck and the wherewithal to venture out to other roles at her convenience. I mean, if that doesn't scream sugar daddy privileges, I don't know what does. Talk about using Y&R as a stepping stone.

If someone can explain to me how her current schedule is possible without having a sugar daddy, please do so, by all means. I've yet to see that explanation from any of her supporters.

Colleen should've been written out with AL. After she was stuck in that closet, she should've gone back to NY to study art in a city that REALLY celebrates art and come back (recasted or not) when there was something real for her. MAB is really screwing around, utterly abusing all of her ingenues.

• Members

Yep and Adrianne had more episode counts in her short 18 months on the show than Sursok's long two effin years on this show. Every time the writers come up with a storyline for her they wind up scrapping it because she's allowed to do these outside projects. Like Y&RWT has pointed out, this board seat storyline has now turned into a story for Billy instead of Colleen. Thank God they scrapped the Jabot model storyline since she had to conveniently leave to do yet another outside project. Otherwise, I'd rather have seen Vail Bloom trade in her law degree to model since she, at least knows how model without placing her hand on her hip in EVERY effin photo she's in.

First of all, Sursok's publicist would NOT know they are planning to recast the role so, there is your reason for the source to say that!

Secondly, if Adrianne herself had not blogged about her being let go then the audience would not have known until Sursok showed up to suck the life out of the character.

ABSOLUTE effin word!!!!!!!!! We are not idiots people. It's most definitely not because she's not being written for. As I said above, they've come up with plausible storylines for her but she always has to leave to do her "other projects" therefore leaving the storylines dropped or picked up months later and by then all has either been forgotten or it doesn't make sense any longer if/when it's picked back up.

That may be true but many of those same dissatisfied viewers have been begging for Leon's return since Sursok has taken over the role.

• Members

I still dont believe a word untill the official spoilers come out that Tammin Sursok is gone so far everything is speculation about Tammin and Colleen charcter so im not going to argue whether it is true or not. I still dont think she is miscast I enjoy her in the role, but forgetting the actresses I think Colleen was best written for in her early days when she was a teenager. When Lyndsy left I think that is when the writing for Colleen went downhill. I think Lyndsy Fonseca was the best Colleen and fit the character perfectly because she was the original and was intelligent but i did not like AL version at all, Im sorry but her portrayal came of as a petulant little brat and very immature, that is when Colleen cheated on JT and the character began digressing from there, I think she was miscast completly, I saw a clip of AL when she played Brooke on GH and I think she was good on that soap, but not as Colleen so I think TS version of Colleen is better regardless of what storylines are going on. I also believe that TS has matured the character more since AL left.

• Members

Yes I do understand completly fine :). I know Colleen was raised as an American, we are talking about the character here NOT the actress. Its just a character and anyone whether they are purple, indigo, from Mars, Spain etc can portray a character because it is called acting. And I think Tammin does that well, Ive seen her real Australian accent and it is much deeper and different.

Archived