July 20-24, 2009

Toups

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So GH is bailed out again by stunts and baby death.

I don't even remember what would have gotten a ratings increase for Y&R. I think they have a certain level of viewers they probably won't go under unless the show gets even uglier than it is now.

AMC is also a very ugly and nonsensical show these days and that gets a ratings increase too.

I don't know what works for ratings, the shows I enjoy seem to just go down or tread water. It's disappointing to think the only way to bring ratings up is to have constant horrors put on innocents, killing babies, making women all about babies or dead babies.

• Members

Not happy with the DAYS numbers, but atleast they are still up vs. last year. They just need one good week like GH had and things will be good again. Hopefully next week we will see some 2´s again as the Kate/Daniel/Chloe storyline is really good and give the show the dynamic it needed.

• Members

So TPTB and actors are happy with the show? They think it is doing well. Basically GH is back to the mob and stunts believing that it can bring give them a bump every now and then. I am resigned to the fact that things will never get better with this show. It also occurred to me that may this is what the majority of the dwindling GH fans want to see.

• Members

Yes. Some of the fans I know who still watch are probably hanging on more because of the mob than the rest because, aside from Scrubs, what else IS there? The show is hollowed out.

I also think that putting Sarah Brown front and center probably helps ratings, even if the characters is a nightmare and the story sucks. I wish they knew how to use her better.

At least this may tell them the Ethan/Rebecca story is a pure dud. The ratings go up in the weeks where it's MIA.

• Members

I cannot believe that people like Claudia so they must have watched hoping she would lose that kid. I don't have a clue. I am hanging in there for Robin and Patrick, but I am definitely not the kind of fan that GH is wooing. In any case, this is a one week bump so I am not giving it too much meaning. We'll see how the rest of the summer and November sweeps goes.

Archived