Y&R: Delicious Deacon and Amber Clip

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hear you. But I'm going to wait to judge until I hear how he expresses his indecent proposal, and whether she accedes. Yes, this is dangerous territory...but maybe...let's just see...

Yeah, the orange is awful. I also think Joshua Morrow needs to lay off the sun. But on camera, while he looks too ruddy, I'm digging his manner, his look... He really hits the spot on the Y&R canvas right now, for me.

LOL. For me -- know I'm crazy -- Kanan/Deacon has been able to marry slimy/dirty with sooo sexy.

• Members

I've had a problem with THIS from the second I first heard about the story.

Even if it's MAB's story, HS should have said something about how he tried this once, and it didn't work. Or maybe he did, and she didn't listen. Either way - it ain't good.

• Members

I don't think Deacon's after sex. I think his real motive is to make a family for his son, Little D. Amber is that boy's mother in any way that counts.

I think having a son to fend for -- when Daniel has been very clear about not wanting children, at least now -- could be a really great maturing influence for Amber.

In my mind's eye, I see Deacon leaving town (not because he doesn't love little D, but because he feels he is a bad influence, and because he thinks Amber and Little D need each other), and somehow Amber and Kevin co-parenting that child...with Daniel and the terminally-ill Jana looking in from the outside.

I don't see Deacon as a long-timer, but a big part of me sure wishes he could be. I don't see a long-term place for him on the show, though.

• Members

MarkH, that's not gonna happen. You expect family drama and emotional storytelling on this show? Especially with throwaway characters like Deacon and Amber that are invovled in a totally ridiculous art set-up storyline?

If Deacon wanted all of that, why come after Amber now and trying to blackmail her into sex? That right there is a major turnoff and why I cannot stomach his mere presence on this show.

Why the hell do I need to pay attention to f.ucking Deacon when half of the characters on this show have been without a story for like a year now? The fact that Sean Kanan is on recurring clearly tells me he won't be sticking around for too long. So like the Phillip III story when it ends, I'll be asking - what the hell was the use of all of this?

• Members

I don't think most people saw Amber being a long-timer either, but she's still here. If they want him here they will try to find a place for him until they finally do. It took a year and a half for them to find a place for Amber.

I read somewhere whether or not Deacon becomes a permanet Y&R character is up to viewer reaction. This seems to be the only board that is against Deacon coming over, but everywhere else loves him here. It wouldn't suprise me if Sean is offered a contract.

I think a Deacon and Amber storyline would have worked so much better on B&B. That's where their history is at and most of the viewers would be able to appreciate this story. The Y&R fans who didn't watch B&B won't care too much for this storyline. It pisses some of them off because longterm characters are on the backburner.

• Members

I want to be understanding of other people's feelings about Deacon and how much they hate this SL. And indeed, there is so much to hate. It really feels like some B&B scenes were accidentally edited into Y&R.

And yes, I'm betting the studio reeks of Hawaiian Tropic every time Sean Kanan is around.

HOWEVA! I am horribly biased when it comes to SK and Deacon Sharpe (and AJ on GH). Kanan is having a ball playing the sleaze and, honestly, I am having a ball watching this unapologetic cad. He has never done it better.

And underneath that well-done pork-chop exterior, Deacon is the hotness. In my humble opinion. Of course, if this were RL, the whole thing would be a horrible situation involving sexual harassment and blackmail and some guy's weird sexual proclivities. But it's not RL. As such I will enjoy the repellent and yet weirdly enticing fantasy of Deacon pouring himself like a smouldering-yet-refreshing drink all over Amber's dubious charms in this low-rent version of Indecent Proposal.

Archived