Y&R- Melody's staying put

• Members

^^^ (two posts up) LOL! Les Moonvest

Eric Braeden: mumble, mumble. Eric Braeden implores you to keep Melody on the show! mumble, mumble You got that, Moonvest? mumble, mumble

EB turns and walks away.

Moonvest: WTF!!! Who the heck is Melody? And did this crazy old goat just refer to himself in the third person? And they call me crazy!!!

Crap, there's a word EB uses all the time and I can't for the life of me think of what it is. He uses it on the show and just about every interview ... I would have worked that in.

I've always felt Y&R was like that and it's very obvious. I would love for this cast to have to work on the east coast for awhile with the cramped dressing rooms that even the vets have to share, the commutes, etc. ... I bet that would cut some egos down to size.

I love her reply about the rumors that she had a moving truck pulling into the back of CBS to clear out her room during the 2001 negotiations. I sometimes forget that she has a sense of humor. She is a huge Lucille Ball fan after all.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL! He has a lot of pet names, but I still can't think of my favorite. Maybe it's egregious. I think that's it.

Eric Braeden: It would be an egregious error to fire Melody Thomas Scott. Mumble, mumble. That would mean less screen time for Eric Braeden. Mumble, mumble. We can't let that happen to Eric Braeden. You got that, Moonvest? Mumble, mumble. Now would you kindly shut the door behind you!

Moonvest: But, sir, I think you have the wrong ...

EB: (Pretending to be reading an important business report) Eric Braeden said GOOD-BYE!!! AND-DON'T-LET-THIS-HAPPEN-AGAIN!!!

[As Moonvest (not the Real Moonves) walks out the door, Braeden picks up the phone like he has an important business call.]

Voice on the other end of the phone: TV Guide, Michael Logan speaking ...

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if Eric realized that without Nikki, most people would see the Newman's as irrelevant. Didn't Melody come in number 2 on the Q rating just behind Julia Roberts?

I'm so glad she's staying.

• Members

I doubt all the cast loves her especially the ones she never writes for or gives little story to. Of course, I doubt any of them will say anything because they probably hope that some day MAB might just write them a story if they are just patient and keep their mouths shut. This is how they make their living after all. It isn't in anyone's interest to badmouth the head writer and executive producer.

I don't want MAB to be fired. I just want her to write for my favorites also once in awhile. I want to see my favorite more than once every couple of months. Is that really so much to ask for? I am glad MTS is staying with the show as she would be a huge loss, and I am glad she likes Maria. Maybe she will finally get a story.

People who have issues with the show are not all cranks and complainers. I have watched this show a long time, but I am not happy with it. If you are, great. The writers are obviously writing for you as their audience. But not all the viewers are happy, and I am sure not all the cast is thrilled with the way they are treated under MAB. Actors want to act and when they are given little to do or are backburned, I doubt they would be happy.

• Members

lol no no no your moonvests are altogether too incoherent lmao

Eric Braeden: GOD BLESS ERIC BRAEDEN

Moonvest: GIMME UR FINGERNAILS!!!!

When I first saw that on 30 Rock that was about the funniest thing I'd ever seen. I love that moment from the show!

I'm sure it went something like this (I imagine he'd go in character in order to consolidate his power lmao you gotta admit VN is much more impressive than EB)

Mr. Moonves, I am Victor Newman, I built this company with my bare hands and you cant take it away from me. Additionally, you should keep MTS around because Victor needs someone else to be an ass to...

Moonves: Who are you? Security!

• Members

I get the same feeling. It's like the interviewer insinuated that Eric Braedan is the one who came in and saved her job instead of the show realizing her value as well as MTS and the show negotiating a new deal. I really don't know how close they are, but he did say how valuable she is to the show. He said the same thing for Don Diamont also. But this was about MTS and her stand and it likely had little to do with EB.

• Members

LOL! I don't watch 30 Rock, so all I know about Moonvest is from that clip and he didn't talk much, if at all. So I didn't have much to work with. ;) But I think I did a pretty good Eric Braeden if I say so myself. :P Although it would have been loads better if I remembered the GOD BLESS ERIC BRAEDEN!!!! LOL!

I don't think I've posted this much in a Y&R thread in a long time. It's been fun.

Good night ya'll. I got to get my butt to bed.

Archived