Y&R- Melody's staying put

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MTS isn't exactly going to say, "Maria sucks," after she signs a grueling contract renewal. And at the moment her problems probably aren't with Maria anyway, since I don't think Maria is the one trying to get vets off the show.

It's sad to think a 30+ year vet who was a key part of Y&R becoming the #1 show on daytime has to have help from another co-star to stay on the show, but I'm glad Eric Braeden pitched in. Even if his motives boiled down to his own future, it was still nice to do.

I agree that she's probably taking a pay cut, we just aren't hearing about it. The only reason we heard about Lucci's was that it was reported by other sources, wasn't it? I don't think she is the type to go around bragging about taking less money for AMC to survive.

• Members

I always find it so funny that people fall for the stuff all the time. Kim Zimmer saying something I could understand, but MTS I have never heard her bad mouth her bosses or say anything out of the way.

In this case what she says doesn't amount to much to me. Sure she may have meant some of it, but to take it at 100% face value what she says about MAB or Sony or any of them I am not going to do. Remember she is still working for them. And there are outs in every contract. You better believe if she fought that hard to stay she is not going to jeopardize it by saying something bad about MAB at this junction.

As I have said before I think MAB has potential just like Ron C. did but just like so many last year who proclaimed him the savior of daytime MAB is not the savior of daytime either. It's weird how some of the ones who made fun of people worshipping Ron last year are now worshipping at the feet of MAB.

She has a lot of potential but just like I think it was JuliaJms said. Despite how good Y&R is on days, there are still a lot of problems. I am seeing Y&R right now like I did Days a year to year and a half ago.

The show looks great. The acting is top notch. The dialogue and individual episodes are marvelous. But every damn story on the show sucks monkeyballs. I hate every one of them. There is not a strong one left in the bunch. All of them that started out strong have ended up in a muddled mess.

There is not a better show on the air right now in the technical aspects, but the stories stink. And that is the way Days was too.

• Members

Those are the people who just naturally think one person will be the Savior of Daytime. Impossible shoes to fill. People need to stop hyping these folks up to that point. There are going to be winners and there are going to be clunkers. Nobody is "The Savior".

That's a great assessment, Steve. Very fair and very true.

• Members

I think if they had done the Phillip rewrite either before of after the Adam story we'd be much better off. Both stories require a lot of suspension of disbelief. There are just way too many plot holes and leaps in logic for people to swallow all at once.

• Members

I don't know anything about MTS, so I'm just speculating, but I think most actors want to keep these details private. I think Eric Braeden would be annoyed at this news leaking out, because it puts his name on the firing line and makes people speculate about why he did what he did.

• Members

I'm sure she finds the implication that EB had to step in on her behalf incredibly insulting. As if she isn't important enough to get a deal done, but EB speaks and TPTB crumble. I get the impression that MTS and EB are not on friendly terms. Civil, professional terms, yes, but friendly, not so much. Just my feeling from reading interviews.

• Members

True but sometimes writers manage to pull a fast one and put a show (never an entire genre though) out of their clusterf*ck state and restore it to old standards. Than, by valid assessment one should admit than even a rosy past wasn't always that rosy.

IMO, MAB fullfilled these requirements although I don't like everything which she currently sells on Y&R. But even the great Bill Bell had weaker periods every once in a while. And I don't see Y&R in a weak period (yet) these days. But it all comes down to personal taste.

Paul Rauch did the same for the production values on Y&R.

• Members

Even though she's the leading lady in Victor & Nikki, MTS sure is the third wheel. I think it really hurts when your co-star frequently issues statements how much she misses working with Eileen Davidson, would to like to revisit a story with Eileen Davidson, his character being untied from Nikki would open new possibilities for him.

Add that EB has the better contract with long vacations etc.

All this doesn't bode well for a mutual great friendships. But I also think that the Y&R cast in general is pretty ego-driven. (I consider Melody as conceited as Eric without any second thoughts) At least when you compare it to B&B, all actors have a very different take on their stautus on the show. Produced in the same house, there's a different spirit. On B&B it's THE show, on Y&R it's THE show but everyone considers himself the reason why it is THE show...

Archived