Y&R- Melody's staying put

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You and me both! It's probably "Eric always takes credit for sh!t".

Poor Kevin G. Schmidt. He probably got REAMED for that one!! Now we know what happened. On July 2, MTS taped her final scenes. There must be a "simulated" death of some sort (that has already been rumored...I guess she is going to be kidnapped or something by one of the two uber-villains) coming, and that is what KGS is responding to.

I hope MTS got a "star" deal. Her note implied some compromise...and it also confirmed that SONY IS MONEY FIRM. That is something DaytimeFan told us all along. This isn't 'Paul Rauch', this is Sony (Steve Kent and his accountants).

That's very useful, because it lets Sony be 'bad cop', but Maria ("she saved the show") be 'good cop'.

I find it interesting that EVEN Melody is still so positive about the show!! You'd think she might have 'Ed-Scott-related' sour grapes.

• Members

It’s a short amount of time. Just a few weeks. I have not been given my exact date of return. I’m going to take advantage of this overdue breather and have a little “me” time, travel a little bit, get reacquainted with my family and friends. I finished shooting just last Thursday [July 2]. And I really have to hand it to the writers. Nobody knew how this [contract situation] was going to end so they very cleverly figured out a way to get me off the show. I never say stuff like this, but I have been so knocked out, so impressed with the writing of the episodes that air the first week of August. Please put this in your article: That week is not to be missed. It’s an amazing ride—grueling but really satisfying—and the writers did terrific work. Not just with my story but the whole show that week. You cannot miss it. [Head writer-executive producer] Maria Bell, who came in and saved Y&R, as we all know, is doing an amazing job.

Hmmm...wonder what Y&RWorldTurner will say after reading MTS raving about the writers and MAB.laugh.gif

• Members

MAB's not going anywhere. I think it's time to stop the beating of that drum. That's like lobby for Ron Paul as president. Never gonna happen. It just makes his supporters seem pathetic.

• Members

True enough, but the show does have issues that are becoming harder and harder to ignore. I'm glad MTS is happy with the writing and thinks MAB has saved the show. I agree to some extent, but there are some serious issues, imo. I think I'm general someone with reasonable expectations (I do still watch GH afterall), but we have too many outlandish stories with huge plot holes going on all at the same time right now.

• Members

Wow, Braeden has pull with Les Moonves? And he used that to help out a cast member other than himself?

Well, it doesn't really matter how all this went down. The most important thing is that Melody stays. :)

Archived