AMC: Beth Ehlers Vs. JR Martinez

• Members

I listened to the chat again. JR is way over-reacting. It was a great interview with a lot positive compliments to Pratt and her other co stars which of course, never gets acknowledged. She never said she coached him. He did. The caller commented how another actress with her years in the business wouldn't have taken kindly to be in an alienated storyline with a newbie. Looks like JR needs and looks for a lot of "atta boys". Beth Ehlers doesn't need to prove herself just regret she picked AMC over her other offers. If JR wants a career, he should go study like his co-stars and not think he can play JR or, er Brot all the time. As usual, it comes out a week later all the negatives. Ehlers told it like it is. Maybe Brot can be paired with another character. JR is playing himself. I hope JR gets his issues straightened out because his need for constant praise and platitudes is getting tiresome.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mr.Martinez acting skills had nothing to do with the story bombing.

It was too pro war. They could got away with it back in 20004 or 2005 but not 2008.

She was way to old for him.

Both of them didn't have any real ties to Pine Valley.

Why haven't we even seen there family? Does Brot's Mom even know he's alive?

• Members

How is it that Beth Ehlers managed to do such good work with someone who is "not an actor" when she and RPG stunk up the joint in their few months together? Perhaps she should have thought about that before she insulted him to try to make herself look better. If not for how fans responded to her relationship with Brot, she probably wouldn't even be on the show now.

I guess since she's being shoved into a pairing with Tad, who is a completely destroyed character but is played by someone with acting training, she feels like she can vent.

As someone who has been in the business most of her life, she should have known better than to say these comments.

• Administrator

Maybe she knows she has another job lined up already and doesn't care what ABC thinks? Maybe she has an out in her contract after 1 year? Maybe that job could be at Y&R and she's already talked to ex-boss Paul Rauch?

• Members

I thought she already had an offer from Y&R (the MJ role) and turned them down. I wonder if Rauch would ever give her another chance after she rejected them.

I wouldn't be surprised if she knows she's on her way out, but I still don't know why she's being so tactless. The false presumption which radiated from the show and the actors before the "Take" story started helped to doom it with viewers, so I thought she might have learned how to moderate herself more. I guess not.

• Members

Yeah, he sent out a notice for a recast once when contract talks with Ehlers and GL went south.

I used to love her on GL in the early 90's, then when she returned in 1997, Harley was so different and Ehlers stopped caring about her work. She's one to talk about "acting" as she's done nothing but phone it in over the past couple of years. She seems like a very weird woman, and I've heard a lot about her neurotic behaviour.

• Members

Having listened to the whole interview, there's no indication that she thinks she's on the way out. In fact I was surprised how confident she sounded that she was still going to be on the show down the road. She was talking about hoping things click with Tad and maybe when CS leaves (which is 6 months away) maybe they can go back to Taylor and Jake and do a triangle with Tad.

Honestly I think one thing is keeping her safe: TPTB don't want to piss off RPG.

It sounds like JRM will be gone in October. He revealed just the other day that he had a meeting with TPTB and that they don't have a clue how to integrate Brot into any storyline (IDIOTS- and once again Pratt told a flat-out lie, saying that they were going to be organically bringing him closer to the centre of the show over the summer and that he had a new love interest lined up for him). JRM is already talking about it having been a great ride, so it sounds like pretty much a done deal.

• Members

Ouch. Pretty harsh words she had to say, him too.. I know the storyline probably isn't what she imagined it to be when she jumped ship over there. Clearly she thought she would have a bigger role and it just has not worked out - at all.

Both won't be around for long...

• Members

Brot was the only part of the story which kept viewers interested, so naturally he's the one who has to go.

I wonder if they should even bother to keep RPG once CS leaves. I don't think fans have had any interest in Jake outside of the story with Amanda. They had to rush them back together after he'd dumped her and called her a prostitute because he wasn't working with anyone else.

• Members

I think she thinks she is staying too but not because of pissing off RPG. She wants to work with the rest of the cast and doesn't really put her stuff out there. She's been on ths show a year and hasn't said a peep. In chat, she was asked questions and answered honestly and to tell the truth I was hoping she'd reveal more. The intro covered that she hasn't been on at all. Pratt lies about all the spoilers. He changes direction at the drop of a hat and all his stories are ratings killers. However, if she does leave, she'd be in good company. Look at all the good female talent that has left in the past six months.

Archived