Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Members

I absolutely have to keep my hope high that she'll come to her senses! This really is naaaasty! What was she thinking? :blink:

Critics said Through the Rain is Vision of Love meets Hero. And it kind of - is. She is generally known to repeat a song or a formula, she just makes it a bit different so that it's not really the same song again even though it kind of is. For example, We Belong Together was remade into Don't Forget About Us.

Yes. :)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
:( Mariah just needs to cover up.

I may have heard that comparison when Charmbracelet came out, but I think the song(aside from it being an inspirational, Hero-esque ballad) really stands on it's own.

Or how "I Only Wanted" was basically a more desperate "My All."

• Members

At least that lady's covering her cleavage.

After they were sued, she and the record company ended up paying for using that sample, even though they don't have to put it in future editions of the liner notes.

I don't get why this is such a big deal, even now. She didn't plagiarize the person who wrote Best of My Love. She may have initially done that with a different melody and the people who did the music(C&C) may have decided to use that sample. She may have heard it and liked it, not fully knowing the sample. Hell, I didn't know there was a sample of Best of My Love until I looked it up on the internet in college. I can't even really tell anyway.

• Members

Haha... I am a fan of Freda Payne, but us fans joke amongst ourselves that we are going to take up a collection to buy her a brassiere, I cna't find it, but I had a picture of her in a gold lame' bare midriff outfit...a woman of 63!! My comparison was that Mariah is I'm SURE not going to be presenting herself in an age approriate way in the years to come.

Archived