Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot of reviews I've seen(aside from Roger Friedman'$ glowing review) have absolutely panned this album. A lot of her diehards have even turned on her after this album.

I will say I thought E = MC2 was much more...interesting than Mimi. You're absolutely right about that. I still listen to "Love Story" and there's a remix of "I'll Be Lovin' U Long Time" by Designer Drugs that is the f*cking deal. And occasionally, "I Wish You Well"

I still think that. She just needs to let go of this whole, "slang," thing and really focus on lyrics that will appeal to a broader range. That is, of course, IF she wants another #1 single. She can't rely on her bag of rap tricks to make her relevant anymore.

I think, and Sylph the staunch lamb, can refute it if I am wrong, but I think she only writes lyrics.

• Members

This is all extremely interesting, but I don't see it happening. Especialy the playing an instrument part. Perhaps I have a problem with myself actually, but it's difficult to believe. She has been insisting on the same sound since forever and even though I still do like it, mostly, I wish she tried something a bit different.

Which is when your comment about more electronica comes. I've never went into that direction; that's certainly more doable than Mariah surrounded with live instrumentation and, say, strings. That verges on if it's not outright tacky. Hip-hop is even more surprising.

She'll be forty soon, she needs to wake up already. Perhaps motherhood will change her.

• Members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just looking at these Examiner.com titles!!! Take a look:

Mariah Carey: Will Def Jam drop her from their label?

Mariah Carey meets her new friend, Karma

Mariah Carey tries to cover up album flop with baby hype

Mariah Carey: Fading star in deep discount crisis

Mariah Carey: New 'Memoirs' album gets slammed by veteran critic

Mariah Carey: An open letter to a fading pop star

And the short articles themselves... It would be freakin' hilarious if it weren't this tragic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Meow!

Are you referring to Emotions/The Best of My Love or Till The End of Time? Or Thank God I Found You/One of those Love Songs? Or all the samples she's used?

She has been forgiven for a few of her sins. Let all that go.

I wish she DID plagiarized herself! :( We may have gotten another "Vanishing."

And she really doesn't think she dresses trashy?! :blink:

• Members

That's just nasty. Is she gonna do this when she's sixty? At least Madonna's skinny enough to fit into those outfits.

I know she did that badass remix of "We Belong Together" with the rappers. That was good.

I never knew she remade Vision of Love, but I see her perform it live these days and it bothers me so badly because of all the extra vocal gymnastics she does to cover up for the lack of power.

And don't get me started on Hero 2009. "It's a long rowd." :rolleyes:

She gets a pass on Never Too Far/Hero Medley. She did that for 9-11 and extra press. Can't fault her for that.

Archived