Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Members

Will be released on August 25th and called Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel! Can't wait! B)

http://mariahcarey.com/news/news.php?uid=2487

mariahi.jpg

Disc 1/1

01. Betcha Gon Know (4:00)

02. Obsessed (4:02)

03. H.A.T.E.U. (4:27)

04. Candy Bling (4:03)

05. Ribbon (4:21)

06. Inseparable (3:33)

07. Standing O (4:00)

08. Its A Wrap (4:00)

09. Up Out My Face (3:41)

10. Up Out My Face (The Reprise) (0:51)

11. More Than Just Friends (3:37)

12. The Impossible (4:00)

13. The Impossible (The Reprise) (2:25)

14. Angel (Prelude) (1:04)

15. Angels Cry (4:01)

16. Languishing (The Interlude) (2:33)

17. I Want To Know What Love Is (3:27)

Disc 2/2:

01. Obsessed (Cahill Radio Mix) (3:22)

02. Obsessed (Seamus Haji And Paul Emanuel Radio Edit) (3:14)

03. Obsessed (Jump Smokers Radio Edit) (3:21)

04. Obsessed (Friscia And Lamboy Radio Mix) (4:11)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"...Angel" was the the next logical step in her lucky charms title guide. I heard her new single Obscessed which is so ick. i was hoping she'd go Lady GaGa and do some pop again. Will I still buy it the first day it comes out..yep!

• Members

Apparently, she's working with Walter Afanasieff again. Though, I seriously doubt she can pull off the type of ballads she used to sing. Her voice has deteriorated considerably.

But really you can't expect much originality from a Mariah Carey album anyway. It's usually a very recycled sound that she employs because it's hip.

• Members

You're totally right about everything you say, I do really agree.

It's only that somehow, I don't even know exactly why, I am able to ignore the mid-tempo R&B drivel (you've said something like that about her previous effort :P) and be satisfied with what I'm getting.

• Members

Knowing Mariah, I'm sure she'd want Walter to contemporize his sound a little more to be more of the moment, so who really knows. Walter's production might deliver, but the whispery crap Mariah considers singing these days sure as hell doesn't give me any hope for decent ballads.

Also, as you know, ballads aren't as commercial as they used to be, and Mariah is all about those #1 singles...

Walter hasn't produced a hit song in quite some time, so this is a really surprising move from Mariah. But who knows if any of his songs will be singles.

• Members

Her voice has sounded terrible in recent years and this song showcases that well. She was once known for her voice, now has been reduced to lip synching most performances. This song sounds about five years old. This and her previous two cds could all be combined into one album that would be a GREAT album in 2003, but where is the artist progression? She's gotten so lazy.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Jun 18 2009, 04:05 AM)
Her voice has sounded terrible in recent years and this song showcases that well.

I think her voice is doing well. She hasn't lost it, those tales have been exaggerated. However, her over-reliance on these heavily processed, Auto-Tune infected, washed vocals is... Getting annoying.

• Members

Damn! I really really wanted to love this. :( I don't necessarily hate it. I would have a hard time recognizing her voice initially if I didn't know this was her.

But I kinda somewhat like the title of the album. But I haven't bought the last two she made, didn't want to lower myself to that level and I even liked Glitter! :lol:

Archived