Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If Walter is producing it and she isn't lazy when it comes to her voice I have faith. Her cheesy interpretations of "Without You" (her biggest international hit ever) and "Open Arms" were great fun, so this could be on that level.

I HATED her cover of "Brinin' On the Heartbreak."

• Members

You have to take into account that albums nowadays rarely move past 2 million copies anymore.

E=MC2 was Mariah's most commercial album. It was packed with so many potential hit singles. the problem was not the album, but rather the single choices. Touch My Body was a good lead single. It's not my favorite, but It went #1 on the hot 100 sales and airplay. The BIGGEST mistake was the second single "Bye Bye" which killed any momentum the album had. It is one of the weakest songs on the album but for some reason the label chose it as the second single (maybe to appeal to the American Idol audience at the time she appeared on the show). I firmly believe that "Migrate" would have been Mariah's (and the fans') choice as second and it would have been an EASY #1. "Bye Bye" failed and instead of going with a sure-fire hit for the third single such as "Migrate" or "Side Effects", they instead went with "I'll Be Lovin You Long Time" which was a fan favorite, but didn't have the strongest appeal. Once again, FAIL. Now they move onto fourth single, their last chance to save the album. naturally you would think they would choose either "Migrate" or "Side Effects," the only two songs that could have saved this album. But nope, they chose "I Stay In Love", which once again was a fan favorite but did not have the strongest appeal. EPIC FAIL on the record label. EPIC FAIL.

It should have been in this order: TMB, Migrate,I Stay In Love, Side Effects, I'll Be Lovin You Long Time

They could have had at least 3 #1s had they followed this plan or something similar to it.

• Members

If you are talking about the X-Factor performance....God that was awful. It must have been one of the most heartbreaking performances to watch. It was saved once she got to the pre-recorded vocals which are usually only obvious to big mariah fans. That was in November, so I don't know. maybe she was still recovering or something. I can only speculate cuz the surgery was never officially confirmed by any legit sources. All I know is that for the last 4 years, Mariah has been very uncomfortable when it comes to live performances. You can tell that she's over-thinking her performances, like she's not sure at what moment her voice is gonna crack. At times she even looks like she's in pain. and usually she relies on pre-recorded vocals when she gets to the high belting parts. However, i watched her performance at the Grammy Nominations show in December, and I couldn't help but notice that she was 1. confident 2. actually belting 3. barely relying on pre-recorded vocals. the performance was still pretty bad for Mariah standards, but pretty good compared to her other performances earlier that year, which had been getting increasingly worse.

BTW, here are pics from her new video

mariah-carey-obsessed-man.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived