Mariah's new album!

Sylph

• Members

I know, right? Even Charmbracelet was more fun and marketable than Memoirs. But Charmbracelet came during a difficult time in my life, so that album will always hold an extremely special place in my heart. I still believe that album was Mariah's last true studio effort. I've had contempt for Mimi and beyond.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did she even include the Walter Afanasieff tracks on this album? If so, I didn't know it. He is renowned for his stellar piano productions and she really should have put those two/three tracks on the album. Even if the singing wasn't great in those, it would have reminded fans of how great she used to be with him.

Short of a miracle, if this was the make or break to renew her contract with Island/Def Jam, she's screwed. This is not going to sell.

• Members

And uh...excuse me Mr. Britney Spears Fan, but what was wrong with Glitter and Charmbracelet as albums? Did you actually listen to the albums in full or did you just go by what people told you? And Glitter and Charmbracelet both may have had rejected tracks from her other albums, but that doesn't make them any less stellar.

Glitter was a fun dance album that had some beautiful ballads and slow tempos. "Lead The Way" being her last true good ballad EVER and "Want You" featuring Eric Benet being a groovy R&B slowdown.

Let's not forget Charmbracelet, which had alot of good and interesting tracks. "Through the Rain," "Bringing on the Heartbreak," and "I Only Wanted" being solid, beautiful ballads. "Boy(I Need You)" and "Irresistable" both being good rap/R&B collaborations.

I may not be a fan of hers anymore(she and her glass of Milk need to sit their asses DOWN), but please don't knock those albums, especially if you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Charmbracelet and Glitter were not nearly as bad as critics made them out to be and they are not nearly as bad as the trash Mariah has put out during Emanicpation of Mimi and Beyond. They are charming, underappreciated gems and represent the last period of really GOOD Mariah.

Tamara Braun and Days of our Lives immediately come to mind, among other things...

• Members

On this album, I loved Angels Cry and Standing O. Standing O - I just can't stop singing it. And it's Side Effects, v2.0.

But it's all cr*p.

Her overreliance on cliched drum programming and choice of bass drums, coupled with piano in every single song, whispery, whistly voice, bad vocal arrangements... It's just - enough.

• Members

If you were to read any of my posts instead of merely glossing over them, or even look at what the avatar and the signature says, maybe, just maybe, you'd learn to think before opening your mouth.

And Sarah Brown is a great actress who can make anything work. I forgive you for your oversight. You obviously have an aversion to good taste.

RE: Sylph's Posted Article...

What ballads were there? The only honest to true ballad was "I Want to Know What Love Is." Everything else was that mid-tempo R&B crap.

• Members

The only thing that would save her for me is releasing every single B-side and unreleased track on a CD called, "Honey B. Sorry!" It can include stuff we've heard before(i.e. Do You Think of Me, Everything Fades Away, Slipping Away, There For Me), and it can also include stuff we've never heard before(i.e. Do You Ever Wonder, Reach For The Sky, Those Walter Afanasieff Ballads from this album).

Mariah just needs to suck it up, work on convincing Island Def-Jam that she IS worth to keep around, and focus the next year or two writing and working on creating a more mature, evolved Mariah.

Archived