OLTL: Discussion for the week June 8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved today's show. All of it. Every single moment of it, and that hasn't happened in a very long time.

First off, I freaking ADORE Viki and Charlie. They are one of the most romantic couples on One Life besides my Jared/Natalie, it never fails every time they are on, I am all smiles. Charlie's proposal was not moonlight and candles, but it was ALL Charlie, everything from the heart. Totally sigh worthy.

Enjoyed the scenes with Todd, Blair and that group. For the first time I think since this storyline started I felt for Cole and Starr. As much as I don't think Starr and Cole are ready to be parents, I don't know if I think Marcie and Michael should get the baby or not. It's like a double edged sword.

I like Brody, a lot. Would like to see him in something more than a shoulder to cry on.

Clint is one insecure man, he was never that was, or I don't remember him being that way. He sure is in a rush to get married. Looks like they are both afraid of something.

• Members

I loved today's episode. I haven't been this pleased with OLTL in a long time. I loved the Viki & Clint scene at the beginning. It's nice to see that the writers remember that these 2 people have been through so much together that they really know each other and still care for each other. Charlie proposing was everything it should have been. Heart felt, simple and just a little bit funny:

Charlie: So I was just kinda hoping that the right words would just come to me

Viki: How's that working out :lol::wub::lol:

I also really liked the Jessica & Brody scenes. I loved that he stayed with her and that the writers made a point of explaining there connection. When they met in St. Anne's Brody was working through his emotions for Shane, a child he loved like his own but that he knew wasn't. Jessica found out and they connected. Until today's episode it had never dawned on me that Jessica was going through the same thing. She had Chloe but knew she wasn't her baby. Perfect. I love when this show hits all the beats.

I must also say that I actually felt for Starr and Cole today. The scenes revolving around Hope were touching and overall I thought very well acted. No scene chewing just quite performances by a talented group.

• Members

LOVED the Tea stuff today. Her scenes with Viki were perfect and I loved Todd showing up to pick her up at the end with the kids

Dorian has it bad for Ray. I hope he returns without his nutjob daughter bc I enjoyed them

• Members

So do I. Dorian comes to life with Ray and I think it's because he is her equal. Don't get me wrong I love David and Dorian to but unless TW returns for good then the show needs to find her someone.

• Members

How sweet Tea is, she wants to be with the kids. This after she was more than happy to use her friendship to manipulate Starr into exonerating Todd. Tea also used Todd's children (or child, at the time) during her marriage to Todd.

Blair raised Sam and Jack when Todd abandoned them, and now it's happy family for Todd and Tea.

I keep waiting to see more of a bond between Marty and Cole. People used to joke that they were too close, back with Christina Chambers in the role, but now she barely notices him.

• Members

I actually liked the scenes with Cole and Marty today. It was a very realistic conversation between a mother and her teenage son (without all the yelling that goes on at my house) where she was trying to teach him and make him see the larger life lesson. I thought those scenes were well played. Then they had to ruin them by juxtaposing them with the John and Blair scenes. I am happy that John, for once, made it clear that he wants someone and stopped being so ambiguous. I hate that he tried to make it seem that Blair's feelings for Todd were equally to blame for them not being able to make their marraige work. John's a douchebag. Let Marty have him.

• Members

I was too distracted by her happiness over getting together with John again to focus on the rest of what she was saying with Cole.

I'm glad Jack isn't a Tea fan. I hope he keeps this up.

The goodbye between Dorian and Ray was very sad, and very frustrating. Poor Robin Strasser.

• Members

I just got caught up with yesterday's show..

It's lonely being a Todd/TSJ fan on this board but god help me I love the guy. Blair and Todd are one of those couples that I don't care how many times it's been done I love to see an argument between the two. And that ending scene with Todd and the boys visiting Tea was great :)

• Members

Todd and Tea! Loved the scenes with the boys at the house

I felt bad for Blair. Getting dumped by her husband and seeing her kids enjoy time with their father and his ex without her. Im glad John was honest with her and didnt string her along.

Why couldnt Ray ship his psycho daughter elsewhere and he stay with Dorian?

Im surprised Cole is even eligible to graduate considering how much time he missed with the drugs and rehab

Archived