OLTL: Discussion for the week June 8

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't get into this about how Cole and Starr are bummed over losing their child, so let's give the baby back. The question should be are they fit parents? I would say no. Cole's about to relapse...again. I realize Marcie isn't exactly a great parent but I'd rather have seen her with the child because the baby is just going to be invisible with Starr and Cole anyway, only to show up as a 15 year old in 5 years, probably as nutty as the rest of the Cramers and Lords.

Poor Dorian. That dress reminded me of a line from Big Business. "That dress looks like a blood clot." This is what's going to make her go nuts? Not getting laid? She can borrow some sex toys from Olivia on GL. I don't want to see them go back to Dorian plotting revenge. I'd rather see a story where she has real problems and then Addie, who is now the more sane one, has to help her back from the brink.

• Members

LOL, I loved that movie as a kid! :lol: I liked Dorian's dress, her style reminds me of my mother. But indeed, Dorian/Robin deserves SO much better, I know it broke her heart to see A go. And it would make her life to see Mel come back from the dead. Maybe she'll luck out and get one of the gents from Guiding Light. How about Jordan Clarke as a Buchanan cousin :P (just not another lost child of Asa's! :rolleyes: ). She and Justin Deas would have intersting chemistry, Justin has that Gerald Anthony/Roscoe Born thing going.

It's frustrating as a fan because as I've said in other threads, she has historically been my favorite character on the show, I mean I have tuned out and tuned back in because of her. But more and more I've realized that my love for the character isn't exactly unconditional. It was DID era Dorian that I just couldn't bear to miss a day of. She needs some serious meat like that story.

ETA: I know he isn't always everyone's favorite person, but I liked Nelson Branco's idea of original flashbacks with Charles Keating as Victor investigating that throw away line Dorian had about being Victor's real killer. I don't like the petty envy/revenge stuff they always give Dorian these days, but pitting her against Viki when it's done right (deep, dark, psychological, complex) is great television. Anyone else a great fan of the DID s/l? Good times.

• Members

I hear you load and clear SFK. I agree, RS is far to talented to play such one dimensional stuff. I loved her best during the DID story as well. That time on OLTL was truly great because the stories were so layered. It's hard to pinpoint the start because 2 years of story built up to Viki's DID story. What I loved most about that time was Dorian's seduction of Joey. Psychology 101 at its best. The sad part about this is that shows are no longer written in this fashion. S/l's are dropped or propelled into different directions to easily with very little after thought of where the began. I can only hope TPTB are smart enough to sign Ms. Strasser and RC is given the green light to really give her a great s/l all her own. Perhaps dealing with Dorian's throw away line about Victor as you suggested.

• Members

Revisiting Victor's murder would be a great idea. There's a lot of the past 15 years of Victor stories I wish they could undo. Heart of a Lord, but even the sexual abuse, and Todd being his heir. I think in the long term this cast an ugly pall over the Lord family and stunted Viki's character, and caused so much story for a character (Todd) who does not ever fit into the family. His relationships with Viki, Natalie, Jessica, they should have been compelling. Instead they either ignore him or enable him.

I wouldn't mind seeing them go back to Dorian's relationships with her sisters. There's no better time for Melinda to return. The last story was rushed, and I felt like too much was about Mel.

• Members

You're exactly right. How did Dorian NOT know who Rachel is???? That was so strange.

Poor Dorian! Everywhere she looks, people are in love...I'm really sad Ray left with his daughter, but I have a feeling Dorian will bounce back in a big way.

Loved the end when Marcie showed up at the door with Hope.

• Members

I actually took it to mean that Dorian was unclear as to Rachel's relationship to Shaun, not about who she was, which would make sense because for Dorian, the episode was about how everyone was pairing up right after Ray had left her. I've already deleted the episode so I can't go back and check, but didn't Rachel respond by saying she was Shaun's friend? I don't remember Rachel saying, "Hello, remember me? Rachel? Rachel Gannon?" Shaun may have said Rachel's name, but he wouldn't necessarily know that Rachel and Dorian were already acquainted.

• Members

I see what your saying and if that is the case then it was poorly scripted. As much as I love this show in the last 2 weeks it seems the continuity department is on holidays. First Starr and Dorian referring to Clint as Starr's uncle and now this. I'm truly disappointed in FV and RC. Both have been with this show to long to not have caught such sloppy writing.

Archived