OLTL: Discussion for the week June 8

• Members

Boy do those Cramer women know how to pull on your heart strings. Although I never really thought Blair and John would last KD broke my heart today. The scene at the end when she walked in on Todd and Tea with the kids was so sad and poor Dorian. I wonder if the scene where Dorian tossed the patio table after Ray left was more RS getting her own frustrations about this story ending then it was about Dorian's hurt feelings. I also liked the conversation Marty and Cole had. It sounded and felt very real to me. As if I was listening in on a real conversation. Who ever wrote the dialog today, I thought did an excellent job. I hope Shane overhearing the truth about Gigi and Brody gets this story moving so it can be done already.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hated Jessica's hysterics today. Woman needs to get a grip. I was relieved that by the end of the show she was all happy and cozy with Bree and Brody.

And a rare criticism from me, I hated all Natalie's explanations and apologies today. The sole purpose was to clarify her actions over the last few months and make her motivations clear. We already saw it, viewers interpreted it the way they interpreted it, and I hate when the writers do this. It's almost like they see the feedback on the boards and think "They didn't get it." and then come in and give us these scenes that are solely designed to reinforce what they wanted us to think in the first place.

• Members

One of the problems with the Natalie story was for several weeks they made her motivations out to be having PTSD, hating Jessica, not trusting her, and laying groundwork for not wanting Jessica to be near Chloe. Then they suddenly switched. I think this did help clear up her motivations.

I thought the scenes with M&M and Natalie were great. Natalie and Jared were Chloe's parents for some time before Jessica returned from St. Ann's. Natalie felt almost as much of a loss as Jessica and I'm glad she got to express that loss in her own terms, instead of standing in the background while Jessica wept.

• Members

Once upon a time Nat/Cris were my favorite couple on the show. I guess that was 2003. One reason I can't see them happening again, besides how much they've changed, is because I wonder if they're phasing Cris out of the show.

I didn't like John/Nat but they may not have any other backups if Marty/John flop. Blair/John they never bothered to invest in.

If the budget gets worse I wonder if they may just write Nat and Jared out.

• Members

Okay, sweet, but how cheesy was graduation? And where have I been, Markko's name is Geraldo?? :lol:

Oh give me a break, Dorian knows who the hell Rachel is! Her mother was her murder trial lawyer.

Dorian looks great today btw, I think that B.J.gate hairstyle is very flattering on her. Viki in that electric blue and Renee looked great too. Poor Dorian, surrounded by love birds and she ain't gittin any. :P

Archived