Y&R: Spumor

• Members

I disagree. At least with them writing to the actress' strengths, esp where Vail is involved. Because Vail just doesnt rock the ADA Heather Williams role. However she was great when they moved her into jabot, let her take her hair down,a nd be flirty and fun. So if the show was writing to her strength thats what Heather would be. Not some stick in the mud no fun never smiles ADA.

Even with the other actress' on the show... Sure they are writing Lily as a valley girl, and thats where CK does her best, but is that because of CK or because thats what they want Lily to be? I honestly think its because thats what they see Lily as, and always have, and always will. And i really dont disagree with that because from what i understand Lily was raised as pretty much a spoiled pretty pretty princess in Paris. And then when she came back she was again the nice good girl put into a young heroine role. Its who lily is.

And if they were writing to TS strenghts Colleen would be the sexy vixen with a heart. Not... bland and plain and ordinary.

AH is another story. I do think they water Victoria down and make her lame because of AH. I didnt for a long time because i felt they wanted to do victor-victoria and put more of him into Nick than nikki, but its obvious they have tried since MAB took over to give her a bitch bone back and AH cant play it.

If anything, IMHO, soaps NEED to write to the strenghts of the actors as long as it fits within the character.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no reason to kill Heather. I also don't believe they would do her death very well because the aftermath of Sabrina's death was poorly written and badly damaged several characters (Nikki, Adam). Brad's death was for nothing, since we never see Abby, we never see Noah, and Sharon's issues are about Cassie, not about what happened to Brad.

If a character is only killed off for momentary shock, then the more this happens, the less people are shocked.

• Members

Poor Heather, I don't know if they'd ever bring her back from the dead, with the state of the Williams family now. I'd just like to see her leave in a happy way. I've never had a big problem with this character and I would rather just know she got to have peace of mind somewhere away from Genoa City.

• Members

One of the "Symphony" conductors (sorry, I can't resist :lol: ), Scott Hamner, hinted that there might be a death later this Summer.

If MAB insists on staying on writing this show, she needs to hire some better Co-HW's, Hogan and Scott's need to prove their masculinity and pollute the show with murders, gaslighting, and women pining for men HAS TO GO. Or, as I've suggested, Maria needs to hand this show over to competent soap storyteller and just keep her EP credit, while Sheffer and Hamner are fired.

• Members

Throw your tomatoes at me, but I would honestly prefer Vail Bloom as Lulu on GH than sour faced Julie Marie Berman. That's a recast I would do in a second. VB didn't really work as Heather but she would have been a better Mac than Clementine Ford. She would make a great Belle on DOOL, also.

TPTB never really cared about Heather. I don't know what they're thinking half of the time.

So she discovers Adam's schemes and he kills her? That seems where this is going.

• Members

Definitely Scott "General Homicide" Hamner. LML proclaimed him as her "mystery" guru.

I was shocked that he lasted in the regime change. I wonder what he is bringing that the show values?

No more deaths! I'm serious. I know they won't listen, but I really want no more deaths for a loooooooooooooooong time. Send them away, don't kill them.

• Members

Both Hogan and Scott are extreme when it comes to murders and taking things a bit too far. This show is too masculine-driven, Bill Bell, though a man, wasn't like this at all. You got that sense that he tried to write from both male and female point of views. Sheffer and Scott think they're writing a primetime show geared to males.

MAB has no originality or storytelling talent, as we saw with her solo run last year.

• Members

I won't debate MAB's merits...just asking what you're calling her "solo" run. Do you mean the period after JG left, but before HS started? Wasn't Hamner there through that?

Plus I always secretly assumed she was calling Kay Alden and Jack Smith and Brad Bell for guidance during that early phase. (I still can't believe the team forgot Victor's 2 vasectomies at that time...definitely a sign of chaos and confusion).

• Members

Vail Bloom seemed to have a mixed reaction from viewers, so she won't be missed by me anyways if this is indeed true. I wish they would write the character off and bring her back at a later time. If it is true and they do kill her off, it could provide some very good emotional scenes for Doug Davidson (Paul). Could you imagine Rebecca Staab coming back as April (Heather's mom) and while helping each other through their grief, jealousy arises in Nikki??? Could make for some interesting storylines.

• Members

W-what? :o

Gah. Vail Bloom was nowhere near as bad as people complained about. She was 1000x better than the Disney Club reject aka Christel Khalil, Caustralia, Amelia Heinle, heck, even Joshua Monkey judging by Monday's latest non-performance. I'll miss her.

Archived