Y&R: Spumor

• Members

I always thought Mac and Kevin...

But then Jana has to die, and they have to stop putting Amber and Kevin together.

I also thought Kevin and Colleen (AL) could work...so what do I know?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think TPTB told her to act the way she did in the first few weeks. I've noticed that she's recently been more alive, and not just with Raul, but with Katherine and Chole too. Mac is a bland as hell character anyway, and while Ford was quite understated during her inital weeks, I do see her gelling better with this character in recent weeks.

And the only person Vail ever had chemistry with walked out of his contract role. The situation isn't that much different.

• Members

The purist in me agrees, but then I think:

Braeden - I sure think they wrote to him, and not vice versa :)

Bergman (whom I think is great) - There is no denying that Jack made a transition from snarky-and-almost-sociopathic (in the sense of not really forming any emotional bonds with anyone, under Terry Lester) to sappy-and-snarky. The "sappy" is -- I think -- writing TO Peter Bergman. The character definitely changed when he took it over

Cooper - Somehow, I feel the line between Kay and Jeanne has become quite thin. Am I wrong?

Someone in one of these threads recently said -- when Martha Byrne said she'd sit down and watch her shows with a pencil and paper, and see how the actors transformed the material, so that she could write TO those nuances in the future -- that this was a typical behavior for a writer on a soap. You modify your writing to fit the actor (at least somewhat). If that is true, writing to these actresses' "strengths" is not such a problem for me.

The problem is that SOME of the performers in that list literally have few endearing strengths.

Sigh. I really feel that dooms her, unless she sparks with Muhney.

• Members

Yeah, she is definitely improving.

IMO, she had chemistry with Graz, but they wrote has as always being busy and unavailable for him and she had to act that way, so nothing ever came out of that... and I don't know what the heck happened with her and Goddard because I never watched those scenes. She could still have chemistry with others.

Exactly Dee!

• Members

The only other chemistry tests they ever did were with Graz and with Goddard. Both failed. I guess they tried a bit with Kevin too...but not really.

They're not even TRYING. That's another reason I feel she is doomed. I feel like there is ZERO investment in her...which appalls me.

At this point, she exists SOLELY as Adam's pawn/sex toy, and (to a lesser extend) a foil for Michael in court battles. I don't think there is any commitment to this character.

:lol: You're right. Oh god, not comparing at all :lol::lol:

Just saying they DO "write to strengths" all the time. But the actress/actor has to have strengths.

What kills me, with Vail, is that they did find the formula (I think) with Adam. Why did they drop it? Oh well, I hope she is not murdered. Written off I can live with...murdered makes me angry.

Archived