OLTL: Discussion for the week May 18th

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kyle came to Todd's and told Rebecca. Rebecca then kidnapped the baby and told Powell.

Onto yesterday's episode, I'm currently watching. Loving these Blair and Tea scenes. "I'm not gunna tell you who my colorist is, besides I'm a natural blonde."

LOVE the Victor and Powell Sr. reference about spawning a whole new generation of nuts. I'm glad the writers have continuously had Powell mention his family ties with Todd, because if i'm correct..Powell and Todd were just frat bros when he went crazy and Todd found out he was a Lord, like the next year?

• Members

That's where this story falls apart for me. I find the Prom King & Queen to be the least sympathetic of everyone involved and see no rooting value in them reuniting with their illegitimate daughter. That kid would be better off with Marcie, Jess or just about anyone else. It wasn't that long ago that Starr was trying to hump her teacher and Cole was popping pills; now they're instantly bucking for Parent of the Year because they gave Jack some cookies?

• Members

Rebecca gets the Lee Halpern Memorial Award for long ago character brought back and treated as nothing for no apparent reason. I have no idea why she was brought back, since none of the characters cared. Not even Todd, who was once obsessed with her. Then again this was when Todd actually had emotions.

• Members

What was wrong with Todd when he "discovered" Rebecca? That was a moment I was waiting for and it almost seemed like he didn't know her.

ITA in regards to SH's performance. I have never cared much for Marty as a character but SH is amazing.

• Members

Rebecca would be meaningless to this Todd, because all he remembers of those days now is how much he loved Marty (he showed his love by initiating a gang rape against her), but that does make you wonder why they brought her back.

I wish Jerry ver Dorn could go back to GL, even if just for a few days. I know what they did to him sucked, but what they have done to Clint is so hard to watch. Poor Clint has been systematically taken apart ever since the story with Sloan years ago.

• Members

Hmmm... a stretch, but a. I'd take that over him being the un-dead Victor's son ANY day, and b. I feel like (and I believe there have been blind items confirming this) they're making up the Rex paternity s/l as they go, so why not.

When Powell first came to Llanview his parents were still living, but I think I read on another board that Powell II has since died? I'm guessing Powell Sr. is long dead.

• Administrator

Yeah, it feels like that because of Frons. Carlivati's been wanting to tell "Who is Rex's father?" since early 2008 (or even late 2007) and if Frons didn't meddle, we would already know who Rex's father is already.

• Members

One thing Im not liking though is that Tea didnt get to tell Blair her secret. Im sick of the show constantly brnging up secrets and NOT revealing them. Im still wondering what Alison Perkin's big secret is and they keep teasing Roxys. It seems like this has been happening way too much lately

Archived