Outstanding Younger Actor/Actress

Toups

• Members

What an embarrassing (yet somehow endearing) acceptance speech by Darin Brooks! I feel bad for him forgetting not to swear. I never saw his work, but he does seem to have presence.

Frank Dicopoulos twittered from within the Orpheum and did not like the speech, lol. He said EJ Bonilla would have given a much better one.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
While I am no fan of Darin Brooks, The Dick needs to STFU. I wouldn't have wanted to see EBola on stage either. And it's not like EBola's a better actor anyway.

I think this is the first time since Billy Warlock won for Younger Actor in like 1987. LOL.

And I'm glad Braun and Brooks didn't forget to thank Ed Scott. His technical production is the reason those people were even nominated, much less on that stage.

And when did Bryton start going by "Bryton James"? Was that a Chryon error? Or was that legit? He needs to just stick with a name.

• Members

I did much care who won in that the younger male actor category. I'm happy for JMB, maybe she will start doing good work again.

A couple weeks ago, he posted on SOC that he took the name of a biological grandfather. Apparently, there was lots of family drama with the last name thing. The mod was confident that it was him posting.

• Members

I'm sorry but who were you expecting to win out of the ones nominated in that category? Berman is the only actress listed there who is capable of giving a solid dramatic performance, the others have enough problems finding a half way decent Emmy tape to present to the panel. Overall the winners this year were the best possible outcomes of the nominee's.

• Members

I don't agree at all. I think that they all have about the same amount of talent with Meredith Hagner way behind. Thinking about it, Julie is better than Kirsten. Julie and Emily O'Brien are about the same and both better than Rachel Melvin. IMO, there isn't this big gap in talent that makes me feel Kirsten or Emily were robbed.

• Members

I think bellcurve was directing the "Dick" (a pun) comment at Frank "Dic"opoulos for Dicopoulos's twittered exasperation at Darin Brooks's speech. Personally, I think Brooks should have been prepared -- he already said he knew he might forget not to swear. What if the CW had messed up in bleeping him out and the FCC had fined them? Most average joes and janes on Big Brother remember not to swear during the live show and they are in a far more tense situation, relationships torn apart, surprise votes and twists and evictions sprung on them, playing for $500,000.

Having said that, I still found Brooks to be endearing.

• Members

I so did not expect Darin to win. Not that I don't think he deserved it, it's just because DAYS actors never ever win. So I was really glad he took t home.

Btw. Did you see the look on Peter Reckell's face when they called DB's name. He looked soooo happy. :)

Archived