B&B: Week of May 11, 2009

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Riding in areas loaded with prejudice: regardless of Will DeVry off-screen persona with Storm this was never an issue. Hell, he was dressed in suits 95% of time so there's nothing flaming possible. Brad eh Bill on the other hand: that beard, the tight t (how very business of him!? LOL) - this was flamboyant and kinda cheap. I guess the aim was to distingiush Bill from Brad which will flat anyway because Brad Bell is usually writing for what the actors are (cap)able/want to portray (Ronn Moss might tell a different tune...) and hence Brad ahem Bill will be a slimy, snarky charmer with the ladies clashing with all male characters... So in the end it's gonna be Brad Carlton under a new name and this horrid disguise - not that it does touch me but Don Diamont looks highly unattractive that way - will disappear. Jack Wagner with the beard was a totally different story and he actually made impact by being different. Too bad of what has become of course. I don't see any of this with Don Diamont.

Jackie sexually "harassing" Owen = priceless. They should actually delve into this territory and go to court considering the steam room incients that have happened in the course of "business" over the years on the show. :lol:

• Members

Not on the Bell's version. That said, if Clarke REALLY is bi now....finally...viewers have their gay designer :)

I agree with you that Bill = Brad very soon. And I'm sure that the beard will go away too.

That doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I WISH WISH WISH Y&R had not killed Brad, but just sent him to LA. Brad Carlton, being called in to run the Spencer Publishing empire (because of Brad's vast business experience with a related industry -- cosmetics and Newman Enterprises) for an ailing/recently dead Bill Sr. would have worked just as well. We wouldn't have needed this suddenly-created "Bill Jr.". All aspects of the story could have been the same ... except it would have held the door open for an eventual Brad return to Y&R or possible crossovers.

So, I'm happy that Brad=Bill in any way that counts.

On another note, I really DO hope that Owen sues the HELL out of Jackie. What she did was NOT funny. It is deplorable.

Poor Beemer, though. We don't stay young and beautiful forever. I hope this storyline -- and his rejection of sexual objectification -- leads him to be a deeper, more substantial character. (I know...on B&B?...what am I thinking?)

Then, I hope Owen turns out to be the unknown illegitimate son of either Ridge or Bill. Either one would work fine for me, although being the son of Bill opens more story possibilities.

• Members

What would be fascinating is to, explicitly, see a man whose looks outshine his talent and watch him use those looks and charm to sleep and manipulate his way to the top. Owen is certainly in the right industry(fashion), on the right show(B&B), and in good company(Brooke). Everything I enjoy about Owen is in the subtext. Everything I enjoy about Beemer is below his neck.

Archived