B&B: Week of May 11, 2009

• Members

Felicia definitely needs a guy and some shred of a story. If only BB could put aside his Logan love for a minute and give LK some shine. I'm up for Felicia and

assuming they'll have chemistry.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If my husband ever told me our marriage is over if my son dates his daughter, I'd pack my bags and say "I'm throwing the wedding myself, see ya!" I hate this storyline. i didn't watch it but how did Rick worm his way back into Steffy's life? Don't tell me she bought that crap about him going to a monastary.

And HT - girl, what the hell did you do to yourself? You were once the most beautiful woman on television and now you look like Lisa Rinna's sister. Please just stop and grow old with some dignity. The Joan Rivers look only works for Joan Rivers.

• Members

Or, in my fantasy world, Brooke toughens up and says screw love, I'm going to destroy Stephanie - Brooke becomes bitter and dangerous again. She builds up FC as Stephanie builds up Jackie M, throw in some Bill Jr. and some Whip cream.... now that's that's tasty.

• Members

Oh if some posters learned it was us they'd be at Culver studios with drums in hand! But you're right, with B&B we just need someone to have a sense of logic and realism. The characters are so out there right now. these people could never exist in real life.

My favorite B&B storyline was the whole BeLieF formula thing where Brooke was going back and forth over what to do with her interest in the company and her realtionship with Ridge. It was believable and totally thrilling to watch. i have to remind myself somedays that Bill Bell actually wrote that s/l. He's just so out of juice.

• Members

Honestly, I'm trying to think what my favorite was.

My "first memory" of REALLY liking the show was the ORIGINAL Brooke-Ridge-Caroline triangle. I loved the whole triangle...and I was TOTALLY in Brooke's corner against the spoiled, regal Caroline. So, then, when Ridge MARRIED her, and Stephanie saw and confronted the "wedding crasher" Brooke, and HARANGUED her in the greenhouse at San Juan Capistrano, and BROKE Brooke's soul...wow...that lived for ever. I hated Stephanie and Caroline more than anything.

I confess...I felt a measure of "just desserts" when Brooke then stole Stephanie's husband, and Caroline died. I'm not going to lie.

That was an AMAZING story.

If only they hadn't repeated it and polluted it 50 times since.

In the "camp" era, I remember VIVIDLY Sally's fashion show shenanigans aboard the Queen Mary. Pure fun! So fresh and original and entertaining.

I realize I'm citing Bill Bell era stories. But that was my favorite time.

• Members

I get accused of being biased and unfair.

B&B got bad. It has nothing to do with the internet or demo targeting. It just got bad.

Y&R is not as bad as some people say, IMO. Indeed, I think it is presently the best it has been since 1999 or so. Now, it has updated itself a bit, and some people don't like that, but it feels contemporary to me...while true to its characters, historical roots. It looks lush, and it is mostly beautifully produced and acted.

I am not a regular viewer of Days, ABC, or P&G. So I can't say. I used to watch ABC relentlessly. Part of the reason I can't personally get back into ABC is because those shows have few ties to their pasts. Oh, sure, AMC has Adam and Jesse and Angie and Tad and Erica...but not all of them drive story. OLTL really only had Viki, Dorian and Bo. Again, they mostly don't get to drive story. And GH...well, there's Luke. I guess I can count Sonny and Jason as "historical" characters? So, I'm not sure if the shows SUCK, or if they have just made a choice to evolve away from what they once were...and therefore have lost that long-term emotional tie for many fans.

Archived