The latest on GL going to Lifetime

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hallmark makes sense. But, IMO, it's absolutely 100% futile for people to go knocking on their door demanding they pick up GL if Hallmark themselves have not at all put forth any interest in picking the show up. If Lifetime ever wanted GL, don't you think that that news would have actually come from Lifetime? And not from bloggers who like to stir [!@#$%^&*] up for the sake of getting more unique views? We would have at least gotten a statement from the folks at Lifetime that didn't include "Lifetime will not be adding daytime serials to its schedule."

My point is this: If P&G and/or Hallmark say something along the lines of "We're in serious talks"/"We're making serious plans"/anything like that, then there is reason to rally the troops. But if Hallmark is sitting there eating its pudding pop on the fence, there is no need for anxious GL fans to scare them clean off the fence.

• Members

The true-believers aren't buying this SOW piece or Lifetime's official statement at all. They're still insisting that this is gonna happen and that everyone involved is obligated to deny it, as if they were discussing classified national-security documents or something rather than a cable channel's possible acquisition of a low-rated and already canceled daytime soap opera. :rolleyes:

• Members

Well, it won't help that Soapnet has started airing Y&R and GH promos on Lifetime. I've seen that insipid Lily/Cane wedding promo ad naseum. In fact, it might just drive me off the channel.

I can't see Hallmark being a good fit anymore. The only original programming they have are costume dramas set in the old west with nary a kiss in two hours.

• Members

The "gullible" people are those who take SOW's word as gospel but think Daytime Confidential has to be lying about its sources.

SOW has an interest in pooh-poohing a story broken by online media. Daytime Confidential has no incentive whatsoever to lie about GL being shopped around.

• Members

Yes, they have said this repeatedly in press releases, emails. No soap appeared in their upfronts (which are DONE). Lifetime might have been approached, but it seems the fish never even nibbled.

I really do ache for those long-term and short-term viewers who are not ready to let it go. We will all walk in those shoes before too long. But now, more than ever, it is time to really turn to that oft-cited metaphor, and think about the dying patient.

Let her go. With dignity. Celebrate what she brought you. Love that forever. And the devil take the rest. To not move into acceptance is, honestly, only going to make you sadder and angrier later on.

Archived