The latest on GL going to Lifetime

• Members

so to sum it up even lifetime doesnt want GL and fans refuse to accept its over and done and are going to cling onto a report a blog made about rumours of a source saying they were talking to lifetime over the word of the network and actuall soap press?

okay. no news there, lol.

part of me wants gl to go on and find a new way, another part wants it do die.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was thoroughly entertained by this thread! Especially towards the end when all of this "true believers" and "death" and "devil" speak came into play.

Anyway, the bottom line is that this was never an actual option? Is that what I'm to understand? Somebody on some blog somewhere was told a rumor by a "set side source" that this might happen -- and people took this and ran with it, set up camp on Lifetime's message board to the point where an exec had to basically say "LOOK! Sorry your show is dead, but we're not picking it up! Now get yer asses outta here!" and people are still clinging to hope because certain wording?

I agree with Natalia Livingston, or whoever the poster was with her big grimacing face as their avatar. Sorry GL fans! The Light's dim bulb is about to flicker out for good.

• Members

Wow, that was mean spirited...I mean, I didn't like Passions (thought the sureal stuff was hi freakin'larious, thought the traditional soap part, acted out with underwear model with a non too subtle homoeroticisim stunk to high heaven...) but I didnt laugh at the viewers of that show when it died,or that piece of crap Sunset Beach for that matter.

However, I originally thought it was a load of crap that Televest was this "vested," in the show this late in the game. If they wanted to save the show why didnt they make it good when it was on the air? I thought (and still think) it was P & G's way to shift the blame on CBS and off of them ("We did everything we could to save it.") However, some posters on other boards who have posted some very good inside info before said that Televest WAS into deep negotiations and it looked good. So I am confused...was my (and others) original assumptions right, or did they actually try to save the show to no avail?

I love GL, would have loved to see it on another venue but I can really, really, really see why another venue wouldn't touch the show. After the initial Phillip returns stuff the show sunk back into the abysmal crap they wallowed in before. Nothing happens, the storylines and characters go round and round in circles...the Alan vs. Phillip stuff should be must see TV but it is back to Cartoon Alan getting away with crap...all the promise we got from insiders ("Alex will play a major role in Phillip's return, as will Rick," ) have turned to nothing. The sets look like crap, and the focus is on all the wrong characters. Things that should have been fixed long ago (Jeffrey dies, Jeva reunites, Ed and other faves return) happened to late and after the show was cancelled.

Its reality that GL is dead, but its depressing and not something to rejoice over or rub in the fan's noses. The bad thing is, with a capable writer and producer and net support, GL could have succeeded, even with the new format. But its over.

• Members

Not really. They did the "Love" series of movies, and those were all based on a book series, and it's finished. Most of their original movies are multi-generational...many follow this formula of young-person-is-forced-to-spend-time-with-old-person-and-they-become-close-friends. They do some romantic stuff as well, like "The Note."

But again, I hope to god no one is lead on by what I'm saying. Hallmark, as far as I know, has expressed NO INTEREST in picking up GL. I am PURELY speculating.

Archived