Y&R: Oh, you Lane fans say the darndest things!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But I'm really curious. Why do they like those two? And not even like, admire? Like they're deities? Are they only smitten because they're aesthetically pleasing? They're clearly simple creatures, these fans, but they must enjoy Lane because of something more meaningful than good looks.

And the funny thing is that on paper, they'd work really well. Cane, adjusting to this complex hostile white collared world from a simple and content blue collared one, Lily, the daughter of a high powered executive and a jet-setting world-famous model, divorcee in her early twenties with a "strong" modelling career about to rev up again.

I'd be a fan of those two, too, if they were conceived and conveyed properly. Are they written so poorly because the y&r people know that they have a loyal group of fanatics who'd follow them to the end of the earth just to see them get married?

I think I'll venture into the dark side and ask. There must be a reason behind this insanity.

• Members

I agree. It's not an aspect of the show for 13-17 year olds, it's for dolts and dunces because even the Noah/Eden story has more going for it than this one.

How did they even get together? I can't even remember because their history has been blocked out by all their non-adventures.

• Members

I'm not nuts about the pairing. But I enjoy making fun of them!

And if they are bringing in some fanbase-addicted tweens (which I think they are in some cases), then I think Y&R can cater to a wide-ranging audience. The problem would be when Y&R decided to make the tweens the ONLY demo it wanted to target. That is not the case right now.

I'm not bothered. Honestly, every soap has its hard-core shipper fans who are (luckily for the actors) two time zones' away from stalking the unsuspecting objects of their affection. I honestly do not think that Y&R believe these kids represent the sum total of the show's audience.

• Members

Well, we wouldn't have so many vets in the forefront if they did think that. But they must believe people actually enjoy them if they keep shoving them down our throats. And I think one of the biggest problems with them is how little sexual chemistry they share. They're like brother and sister. Even Katherine and Kevin have more chemistry.

• Members

I actually saw her post on the CBS board.

There can't be two people in the world who love Emmy Rossum, Lane, and thought CK looked devastatingly sexy in that strapless red dress she wore last week. I swear there were multiple posts about how they wondered how Cane didn't rip all of her clothes off in that scene and went all googly-eyed after the the pup.

I'll tell ya why: cause he's a 13 year old boy stuck in a 35 year old's body.

Or is it 40?

Archived