Y&R: Oh, you Lane fans say the darndest things!

• Members

The devotion the Lane fans show, while intense, seems to be working for them. I wish there were more people from this board expressing themselves on the cbs.com board, which many seem to be frightened of, and some feel would be a waste of time since the cbs.com may not be as important to swaying TPTB as I suspect it is.

This initial opinion has been remixed into "we hate Lane." And now there are several posts about how inappropriate it is to offend a fanbase for liking Lane.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, I didn't start it to attack them. I started it to wonder if their fanatic behavior was directly correlated to why Lane was still sugary sweet with cherries on top on Y&R. It's been so easy to make this into a "We hate Lane" thread, but it honestly wasn't as simple as that.

This is my problem. I've never seen a couple on soaps so bland. TPTB must know that the engine on any soap is drama and to stick these two blank sheets of paper together just doesn't make sense to me. At least they figured this was why Neil and Karen didn't work when Olivia compared Tyra to Dru and said that was the type of woman he should be with. But they have never done such an analysis with Lane. As dmarex said, their foundation wasn't even solid, in soap terms, because they're so dull.

And I don't want to FF over them. I want them to be great. Their heritage on the show is all there. They have the potential. It's being squandered right now and it's sad.

• Members

I know this was just an observation and not directed at anyone in particular, but I wanted to make it clear that I don't hate Lily nor do I hate CK or Cane or Goddard.

I'm just so boooooooooooooooored.

Accuse me of schadenfreude, I guess.

Archived