OLTL: Killer(s) revealed

• Members

Thanks to Proteus at SOC:

Serial Killer Revealed:

The killers are Powell and Rebecca. After John finds the dead nurse that Rebecca's been pretending to be in Powell's cell, Rebecca locks him in with the dead body. Powell meanwhile shows up on Marty's doorstep. Tea, Todd, & Blair are poisoned. RC says the point of this s/l is to remind viewers that their were two other rapists and it was the next step in the Todd & Marty story and a way to give the rape closure. Also to bring John back to being a cop.

:mellow:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Viewers knew there were 2 other rapists. Why do we need to be reminded? This was a gang rape ORCHESTRATED by Todd. Doesn't their involvement make this even worse on him, since he actively recruited them to join him in brutalizing a woman?

How does this give the rape closure when Todd raped her all over again last autumn? Or are we supposed to ignore this because they told us it was love?

• Members

How in the WORLD does this bring anything CLOSURE?!

Seriously, this is, like, Music Box Killer bad. I don't give a damn. About any of it. It's all just a big "Who cares?"

They dragged the rape thing out much longer than they had to back in the 90's with the whole "Powell's-a-crazy-serial-rapist-now!" arc. And then crazyRebecca. And now they bring them back just to say... what? They're STILL crazy? Who gives a [!@#$%^&*]?!?!?!?!?!

Bad.

ETA: Forget Music Box Killer. This is Hayes Barber Killing Club Killer bad.

• Members

Ron passed Pratt with his Tarty comments last year. Unless Frons made them. I can't remember.

Either way, this is a wretched story and has been from the start. Any story now involving Todd is wretched. I am sick of seeing this rapist, this murderer, this woman-hater, presented as the victim. Now we're actually down to, "Other men are rapists too!!!" They were rapists because Todd helped encourage them to rape. It was his pride and joy.

• Members

Well, it's not my favorite resolution.... but I'm really surprised it illicited such a heated response. Really, to me, it's still a lot better than anything that Malone 2.0 put out (Someone mentioned Music Box Killer? Yikes! Nothing could be as pointless as that!) or Dena I-lack-a-soul Higley's unwatchable work. I mean, I didn't exactly think this would amount to the Gateway to Hell opening up and swallowing all us viewers! ;)

I actually liked the Rebecca scenario (before I knew the resolution) - It became my first choice of who I thought it would be... BUT I thought the murders would have been occurring out of her love-turned-obsession for Todd - NOT as a revenge tactic, which puts Todd in a victim-ish light. When you think about the stream of victims, to me, they all sort of pointed to acts of PROTECTING Todd... which would have made him the figurative cause, instead.

Heck, I even thought the killer actually could have shot Dr. Janice Joplin.

Archived