OLTL: Killer(s) revealed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bravo.

This story should have had someone asking "Why?" after every step. Why did we need to see Tarty? Writer after writer has gotten their hand too close to those flames and this time OLTL ended up with third degree burns. Why did they bring Marty back? RC may be a big fan of hers, but just like with Andrea Evans, that doesn't matter if there's no good story or place on the show for the characters.

I think the only person who ever got Marty was Michael Malone, and even he wanted to take her down some wrong paths.

The only time I have seen her character spark since her return has been with Nora.

Todd, he's not only beyond redemption, he's beyond any credibility. You can be a monster and still be a strong character. I have no idea what Todd is, and I don't care.

• Members

I think RC are perfect intials: Rape Constantly.

Todd's like a paper clip that's been bent back and forth until it breaks. In his time on the show he's been written as a villain, hero, abuse victim, good father, psychopath, wounded little boy, bad father, tinker, tailor, soldier, spy. The character has no integrity. He's a complete cipher. You want real closure on the rape? Then both Todd and Marty need to go.

• Members

The KAD Killer story was just ridiculous from the very beginning.

It didn't seem like a well planned story....which seems to be Ron's style as of late, whether it gets suddenly re-written or what, the only story in the past year that I think has played out for a long time exactly as he planned is the Tarty story. Starting with Janurary, I think the show began to fall apart.

Several months ago, while the story was disgusting, the beats of Todd and Marty's feelings after Marty was rescued were being played perfectly...like the story or not, you can't have characters suddenly pull 180's like that....you have to show them transform and show their feelings go away. After Todd jumped off that building, all this so called love for Marty seemed to fade. Now, Marty was handled well enough...I think Wes's death and Cole's accident helped her turn into what she is now.

Then we had this KAD story, and it had no rhythm, no beat..the victims are almost at random. Sure, they are all conected to Marty, but the thing is is that Powell nor Rebecca KNEW any of these characters....if they will explain everything a tad better, it could work, but I doubt they will. It just feels like Frons and Ron went "Oh, lets have a serial killer story and just see where it takes us!"

So then they just decided to throw everything together....I mean, another random thing was this short-term return of Zack. What the hell was the point of that?! Was he even connected to the killings?! He showed up, took Starr and Cole hostage, then boom he's gone....none of it makes sense or connects like Ron's stories use to do.

OLTL is just a mess right now.

• Members

I am going to go out on a CRAZY limb and say, hey, let's see how this all plays out ON THE SCREEN.

How it's written and presented ON SCREEN is far, FAR more important to me than something that was (probably) taken out of context in an interview.

Honestly, I don't foresee a scene happening where Marty says to Todd "Oh man... I just now realized, there were actually TWO OTHER PEOPLE in the room that night! I've been so wrong about you, Todd! Let's be friends!"

I know it's suicide around these parts to not jump to conclusions, but, hey that's me.

• Members

Wow. I was happy when I first heard that Powell and Rebecca were returning as part of this limp storyline, but making them the actual killers is a big disappointment. It should have been someone on the canvas we wouldnt have expected it to be.

I'm already a week behind in watching episodes because the show hasn't been very compelling lately, and I'm wondering how much longer I'll continue to watch. I don't watch any other soaps, but I find less and less reason to watch OLTL, and if I stop I don't plan to switch to another show

• Members

*snerk* Must you bring THAT up? "The man that shot my father. The gun that shot my father." I was ready to confess to being the viewer that shot his father if it would shut him up.

You're right though. Both stories are equally contrived. It was stupid making Spencer Truman the one who killed Papa McBain and bringing back Rebecca as a psycho is equally stupid.

OLTL: It's your one stop rape shop.

Why would he blame SH when everyone knows it's Eden Riegel's fault? She's responsible for every bad story at ABC. She's evil. I heard she shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

• Members

It was beyond stupid that the writers would care about a character was not connected to a major family, had never been apart of the show until he was dead, and involved a group of characters that very few even cared about.

• Members

I wouldn't go that far. And it's not quite as dumb since the audience had to disregard that in relatively recent history, John explained early in his introduction to the show that his father had been shot while off duty in a convenience store stick-up by a guy jacked up on PCP.

• Members

The resolution to this story SHOULD have been that it was a conspiracy involving Fish, Kyle, Powell, and Rebecca and that they were all the killers. I know I'm the only one that thought Fish was the killer, but it would have been more interesting.

That said, this story is nowhere near as bad as you guys are making it sound. They didn't drag it out forever, they didn't kill any core characters and to me it seems like it WAS planned from the start. We may not have cared about Lee and Wes but the point was that a serial killer was using the past to haunt Marty and Todd. Comparing it to the Music Box Killer and the Killing Club Killer is just a little extreme.

Archived