AMC: Tuesday, 4/21/09

• Members

Taylor's storyline has obviously veered off from Pratt's original intention. She was essentially brought on to hook up with Jake. But I wonder how Pratt was going to pair them together with Brot in the picture. Was Pratt going to kill him off? That's the only way it could've gone down considering that Brott is the love of her life.

ETA:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe, maybe not... Pratt's most recent comment was that he was only chem testing them together (note to Pratt, there is none)... And in his recent stardish radio interview, MEK was VERY clear about who he would like Tad to be paired with romantically, as well as the actresses that we would like to work, and neither Taylor nor BEh were mentioned.

• Members

Aidan's plan to go on the run was based on Ryan having Annie transferred to another institution where Aidan wouldn't be able to see her. It makes no sense if Aidan really wants Annie to recover that he's putting his desires above her mental health.

I think the massage parlor Marissa was working for is really a brothel.

It might just be me, but I like Scott and his new storyline about the heart valve. It's refreshing to have a character who is just a nice guy with no secret agenda and is sincerely trying to change the world for the better. I love how Scott's project adds another layer to David's feud with the Chandlers.

The best part of this episode imo was Brot's speech in Florida. I was pleasantly surprised (it's so nice to be spoiler free!) to see AMC follow through and show Brot's new job speaking to vets. When he first mentioned he was going to travel and do this, I thought it was the show's way of writing him out.

• Members

I agree to a point but on the contrary I actually think it was him who helped me warm up to her character. I thought it was his affect on her that finally made her click. She was pretty much isolated before Brot with her army wah, Brot IMO didn't put her in a tough spot. I do wonder if JR's scheduling does though? I believe he still tours the country to do his talk. I'd love for them to use Brot more because I think JR could do it and I can see T/B long-term with story with more flesh.

• Members

Taylor is a strong female character next to the other women who are written like high school. Pratt needs to know that Melrose is over, women like strong women. Beth Ehlers as an actress has had many a successful pairing and would have been better served on a more character driven show than AMC. I doubt Pratt is interested in writing for Brot and Taylor, they're too real and human for the likes of him.

Archived